Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Leave it to the Professionals Please > Erick Sosa

Old 07-30-2010, 07:49 PM   #21
Philfx
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Looks GREAT!!

If I might suggest increasing the height above the eyebrows (bulking up the hair for example) and taking a little bit off the chin area you'd be just about spot on

The eyes are amazing... you can't improve on that to be honest... just more height and look more closely at the chin front and side.

Phil
Philfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:45 PM   #22
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philfx View Post
Looks GREAT!!

If I might suggest increasing the height above the eyebrows (bulking up the hair for example) and taking a little bit off the chin area you'd be just about spot on

The eyes are amazing... you can't improve on that to be honest... just more height and look more closely at the chin front and side.

Phil
Thanks Phil, I will check those point out thanks!
ZKULPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:56 PM   #23
superdude
The X-Men

Looking great so far! Although I kind of have to agree with others that while the shape of the eyes is perfect, they do seem a hair too big at the moment.
superdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:11 PM   #24
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCleary View Post
Wow, very inspirational work Erick! I looked at your blog, man you have really done some awesome work! I didnt know you did alot of those. I love that Orc! Congrats again on all of your success.
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdude View Post
Looking great so far! Although I kind of have to agree with others that while the shape of the eyes is perfect, they do seem a hair too big at the moment.
Thanks John! and thanks Superdude, I will start using photoshop to see the issues, honestly I may let it sit for a few days/weeks, and come back with fresh eyes...I will keep you all posted!
Old 07-31-2010, 12:26 AM   #25
wolvie82
Death is hereditary.

Thats awesome!!!!!! Cant wait to see the outcome!!!
wolvie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 02:42 AM   #26
shindayume
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

After checking your blog, I really gained inspiration to start sculpting more. I love looking at people's work especially portrait sculpts. And your dynamic poses are so awesome.

I think this sculpt is comming along really nice. Although I really like the earlier ver. a tad better. I think the anatomy around the mouth area was more subtle. I'm no anatomy expert by any means and need so much more knowledge.

Maybe the nose/nostril area seem a little bent into the upper mouth anatomy too much making it look like he is squinching his nostrils. Although I noticed that's how Reeve smiles a little bit.
And that thin indented line thing right underneath the nose and right on top of the upper lip might be just a tad wide but I'm not sure. I've never tried sculpting his face so I might just be seeing things.

But I'm loving the anatomy of the eyes and cheekbones. That gives me the most difficult time in any face sculpture and I never learned a good way to tackle it.

BTW what material is that made out of? I always wanted to learn how to use materials other than Super Sculpey. I just hear so many good things about wax or castilene but no clue what tools are used to sculpt with it.

Thanks for the inspirational works. verjoyed:
shindayume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 07:56 PM   #27
lacrossed
Frackin!

good lord great stuff as always not to derail this topic, but any word on wax dvd yet YOU ROCK
lacrossed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 10:24 PM   #28
AYsculpture
Sculptor
Sculptor

Awesomeness!!! i love the idea of real hair on this one!
Old 08-01-2010, 10:41 AM   #29
Mr. Pencil
Frackin!

Hey cuhan! Yes that's one of Erick's sculpts/studies of illustrator Katsuya Terada's artwork.

Here are the threads...

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=86595

http://theclubhouse1.net/phpBB3/view...hp?f=9&t=62540

I'm interested in updates too Erick, if you have any to share please post up the new pics!

Thanks, Nate.
Mr. Pencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:19 PM   #30
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Hi guys,
4.0 update.... this is the only thing keeping me sane for now
Thanks,
-Erick