Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Anime/Manga

Old 10-29-2014, 07:46 PM   #1
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Anime Island vendor?

Have any of you guys heard of this site? (http://www.anime-island.com/)

I'm trying to hunt down some Good Smile pieces, and not having luck on my usual places.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 07:50 PM   #2
Sharkey

EDIT: I am blind and missed the manufacturer on GS's site. So does anyone have experience with "Phat Company"? I've never heard of them, do they do good work?

Last edited by Sharkey; 10-29-2014 at 07:52 PM. Reason: was blind
Old 10-29-2014, 10:49 PM   #3
TheYoungWolf
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Here's a resumé of sorts.

http://myfigurecollection.net/search...cturer_id=7708

I've said it before and I'll say it again: mfc is a pretty terrible place for casual discussion (for a website that essentially serves as a figure database, I've generally found it's users both unwelcoming and unhelpful), but if you're looking for any and all information about a particular sculpt or manufacturer along the lines of quality, releases, sales, counterfeits, wip pictures, convention pictures, in-hand pictures, places to buy, individual sellers, future pieces, etc., then it can be your best friend when you know where and how to look.

As far as Phat Company goes, I've never bought from them personally but I've been tempted by their Kill la Kill Ryuuko on more than one occasion.
TheYoungWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 11:42 PM   #4
Sharkey

YEP! That is what I am being tempted by right now. I am waiting for email from BBTS tomorrow to see if they are going to be getting them in, in which case i will wait, otherwise I am getting both Kiryin and Ryuko ones off PlayAsia.

Thanks for the link btw.
Old 10-30-2014, 12:11 AM   #5
Sharkey

Curse you YoungWolf!

That Ryuuko was on sale on plamoya.com, and got both pieces for $50 less than PlayAsia was selling for.
Old 10-30-2014, 01:01 AM   #6
TheYoungWolf
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Nice! I may pick her up down the road, but right now she's kind of at the bottom of my priority list in comparison to a lot of other things. She looks really really nice though.

Haha I'm telling you, that site is one of the easiest ways to keep tabs on what you're looking for. Hope it helps in the future!

My go to is amiami for their preorder discounts and reliability, but I know BiJ, Crunchyroll and Mandrake are all popular vendors when it comes to deals. BBTS and Amazon are my last resorts.
TheYoungWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 01:12 AM   #7
Sharkey

Why is BBTS a last resort? Just doesn't get many figures?
Old 10-31-2014, 05:17 PM   #8
Sharkey

So I have pretty much gotten boned by Playmoya.com ><

Shortly after placing that order I received an email notifying me that my order should not have been able to be placed due to having a pre-order and in stock item in the same cart, so they canceled it and refunded my money (fine so far). But then I went back to the site to place the orders individually (this is all of a minute after getting the email) and they are saying sold out now ><. I have sent email through their "contact us" section of the site as soon as I saw this, citing my order they canceled and the items that I had paid for and now were showing as out of stock asking to have them added separately, and they have yet to so much as respond with an automated email saying they are looking it over ><.

This is so frustrating ><. /vent
Old 11-04-2014, 07:07 PM   #9
AsianJedi
Doh!

I wouldn't order from there from Anime Island. They hold the entire order until all items have arrived if your order includes preorders. I waited almost a year to get my 1st order. My 2nd order is a complete failure. 6 items in my order and they only fulfilled 2 items. After several months of waiting, I inquired about my items because the manufacturers had started shipping, they told me my item was sold out while waiting for the other preorders to arrive, which makes no sense because they said they would hold the item until everything arrived. They said they would contact the manufacturer for more product but the item has been sold out at other places. I'm currently left trying to figure out how to get my money back. Apparently according to their Contact Us page, if you contact them too much you end up on their Spam list. I have not gotten any responses after 8 emails. Some of the items that never got fulfilled were the Darksiders Death & Despair statue, Ling Xiaoyu bishoujo statue, Harley Quinn Bombshell statue and Modern Sonic Exclusive from F4F. Although it took awhile they did fulfill my 1st order but this 2nd order is a disaster. Beware of this place. They lure you in with free shipping on Black Friday and lower prices but their service is horrendous.
AsianJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 09:17 PM   #10
Sharkey

Eeek! Thanks for the heads up. Thankfully they ended up being sold out of the 2 figures I wanted by the time I decided to pull the trigger, so I got them elsewhere thankfully.

I am actually a fan of places holding the order till everything is in since it saves on shipping and gives more to open at once . But wow, if they are terrible like that screw them. BBTS has thankfully done a great job with their pre-order and holding system (Pile of Loot) where they only charge when it gets to them, and then you can just let it pile up and ship when you want.