Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 12-09-2016, 05:03 PM   #1001
nearmint
Phoenix

Maybe I'll get the print framed this weekend. It looks nice in the pics above.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 06:03 PM   #1002
rhy
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf-brother View Post
So Good!
rhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 06:21 PM   #1003
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifixion View Post
This size discussion is silly and disingenuous. He's much bigger than Batgirl in the pictures, and the comparison to the Sideshow monster-sized Batman is meaningless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali604 View Post
I 100% agree, they are the usual posters who have no horse in the race but show up to be passive aggressive towards the piece.
This is just a discussion. The size is IMHO an issue, but it isn't killing the piece. It looks great overall, and definetly a great different version of Batman.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 06:23 PM   #1004
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Like who? I think I can think of only one character that really has been a little undersized and that may be Ant-Man (full size). Having owned all the XM statues at one time or another (minus IM MK 7), everything seems to be in scale.

As far as this particular Batman goes, he seems to be in scale with this particular line...seeing how its the only character we have to go off of so far.
I have thought it about a lot of XM pieces actually. Cap, DD, Antman, Wolverine, and a few others I can't think of right now. In the end though I am not talking 1/5 scale. Like I said a tad smaller.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 08:27 PM   #1005
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey976 View Post
I have thought it about a lot of XM pieces actually. Cap, DD, Antman, Wolverine, and a few others I can't think of right now. In the end though I am not talking 1/5 scale. Like I said a tad smaller.
Well Wolverine is short to begin with in the comics so he doesn't count ...

I had those others statues you mentioned and they all fit in fine with SS other 1:4 pieces... Cap was actually pretty big...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 08:35 PM   #1006
JAWS
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Interesting that some folks are choosing to display the Batman Beyond chest plate without the BB portrait.
I think it's because it adds a little extra color to the piece. Since this is a "fantasy" Batman then why not?

If I owned it I could see going with that look.

Personally I don't like the beyond head sculpt at all... But I am not crazy about any of the more "orient" looking cowls.
JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 08:50 PM   #1007
Smooth Criminal
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Anyone can tell me what the width is from the cap to left hand if left hand is holding a sword need to get dimensions made for custom case
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 11:10 PM   #1008
Cali604
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
If you check Google images for this style of architecture, Onigawara, you don't really see primary colors. The statue represents the style very well.
That is correct when we googled Onigawara structures you do not find roofs with the red colour. This is a misconception many of us had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post
I MAY have commented about the colour, but I do not recall doing so...I brought up red only because it's the first colour that comes to my mind when I think of that style of Japanese architecture. I'd like to see the photoshopped images...I am only thinking some red accent here and there, not painting the entire thing red. Even white would add something...it's just a lot of grey at the moment. That said, I'm nitpicking...the statue is fantastic.
As I mentioned above when we looked further into these particular structures they do not have a red accent. But I think many of us envisioned it like that. We spoke to XM and a photoshopped image was shown, but I agree with XM the attention shifts from Batman himself and stays on the roof with the reds drawing your eyes away. XM likes to impress with a nice base that tells a story, but does not want it to overpower the character...IMO their reasoning was sound the end result is spectacular.

I know u just mentioned it as a minor nitpick but I just wanted to relay that it was discussed and thought through.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Batmanredroof.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	210.7 KB
ID:	100133  
Cali604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 02:23 AM   #1009
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali604 View Post
That is correct when we googled Onigawara structures you do not find roofs with the red colour. This is a misconception many of us had.

As I mentioned above when we looked further into these particular structures they do not have a red accent. But I think many of us envisioned it like that. We spoke to XM and a photoshopped image was shown, but I agree with XM the attention shifts from Batman himself and stays on the roof with the reds drawing your eyes away. XM likes to impress with a nice base that tells a story, but does not want it to overpower the character...IMO their reasoning was sound the end result is spectacular. On the flip side, keeping it gray and dark is a better allusion to Gotham and fits well with Batman...so, you can look at it either way.

I know u just mentioned it as a minor nitpick but I just wanted to relay that it was discussed and thought through.
I hadn't seen that markup before.

I just googled Japanese architecture and pretty much all of the images that come up first show buildings of this style have some colour on them...red, yellow, white, brown...not the roof itself, but the building elevations and accents seem to often have colour. It's just my opinion that some well placed colour on the base would add to the visual appeal. I'm only thinking of the area on the front under the roof...instead of it being all gold, maybe add some colour in there...maybe giving that area a more wooden look instead of stone...

On the flip side, gray and dark brings more of a Gotham feel (when is Gotham ever bright and colourful? ), so it fits well with Batman. Can look at it either way. Thanks for digging up that pic.

At any rate, colour or not, the statue is fantastic and I highly recommend it to anyone.
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 03:30 AM   #1010
Cali604
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post
I hadn't seen that markup before.

I just googled Japanese architecture and pretty much all of the images that come up first show buildings of this style have some colour on them...red, yellow, white, brown...not the roof itself, but the building elevations and accents seem to often have colour. It's just my opinion that some well placed colour on the base would add to the visual appeal. I'm only thinking of the area on the front under the roof...instead of it being all gold, maybe add some colour in there...maybe giving that area a more wooden look instead of stone...

On the flip side, gray and dark brings more of a Gotham feel (when is Gotham ever bright and colourful? ), so it fits well with Batman. Can look at it either way. Thanks for digging up that pic.

At any rate, colour or not, the statue is fantastic and I highly recommend it to anyone.
No problem. Btw which headsculpt is your favorite? Im loving the classic head and the full samurai head. The batman beyond/rage seems to scare the family lol. This is the first statue with which I am constantly changing him up. Imo he rivals Mags I cant decide who is my favourite between the two.
Cali604 is offline   Reply With Quote