Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 10-01-2006, 08:05 PM   #1
titan7170
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Master replicas Millenium Falcon some questions

Well whats up, I have a few questions, first did this get released yet?? and when might it be due??

The second thing I have to ask is do you think the code 3 x-wing would look in scale with the MR Falcon??

I was planning on flipping some other Items and comics I have to finance a Sig edition MF but Im not sure what I will do depending on the answers, also if someone could direct me to some really good pics of the MR Falcon that would be great
titan7170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 08:20 PM   #2
ReturningSon
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

No, it is not released yet. I guess an x wing might be in scale with it. However, I think the X wing would look a little big when compared to the huge falcon. The ships were no really in the same frame together so it is hard to tell. You can find pics anyway. Youtube.com has a video. Just type in Master replicas you'll get it..
ReturningSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 08:47 AM   #3
lancelin
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

The Code 3 X-Wing is in roughly 1/24 scale while the MR Falcon is roughly 1/32 scale.

Lance
lancelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 03:47 PM   #4
risingstar
Jedi Order

Is there a tentative release date for the Millennium Falcon??
Is there one for the Enterprise too??
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 06:47 PM   #5
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan7170 View Post
Well whats up, I have a few questions, first did this get released yet?? and when might it be due??

The second thing I have to ask is do you think the code 3 x-wing would look in scale with the MR Falcon??

I was planning on flipping some other Items and comics I have to finance a Sig edition MF but Im not sure what I will do depending on the answers, also if someone could direct me to some really good pics of the MR Falcon that would be great
Ditto. and for an Enterprise.
Old 10-21-2006, 08:39 PM   #6
risingstar
Jedi Order

I've sold all sorts of stuff on the Bay to get the signature versions of these two great replicas. I'm quite excited about this!

Old 10-21-2006, 10:42 PM   #7
oxbeard
I am da law!

Over the past few weeks I hae actually been having second thoughts about the MF. Trully love the piece and think I could swing it financially, but after looking around the house I honestly don't think I can find a place to display it. I never thought I would here myself say it, but I seriously don't think I have room for it and I can't stand to have something just sit in storage in it's box. If I can't display it, I don't need it. Still studying over this one though because I really hate to cancel it.
oxbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 10:45 PM   #8
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxbeard View Post
Over the past few weeks I hae actually been having second thoughts about the MF. Trully love the piece and think I could swing it financially, but after looking around the house I honestly don't think I can find a place to display it. I never thought I would here myself say it, but I seriously don't think I have room for it and I can't stand to have something just sit in storage in it's box. If I can't display it, I don't need it. Still studying over this one though because I really hate to cancel it.
Totally agree with the "If I can't display, I don't need it" angle...
I can't stand having stuff sitting in boxes. I prefer to sell it at that point.

The MF could actually sit in your living room... or maybe your office... This could go anywhere. It doesn't necessarily have to sit in a display room as it's that unique a piece.
Old 10-21-2006, 11:34 PM   #9
ReturningSon
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I happen to disagree. This piece is considered an investment and needs to be displayed, but you need to have a suitable place to display it. Sometimes the office is hectic and employees enter without permission unknown to you. There can be zero risk with taking a chance on this piece. It is a huge piece only suitable for a area that is specfically designed to fit this replica. Collectors who buy this replica are the "creme de la creme" ( no offense to anyone who can't afford it, even I can't) but when ordering a epic piece in scale and dimension one must accept the responsbility of making it last for a very long time that way the respective buyer can get his/her money's worth out of the product.
ReturningSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 12:16 AM   #10
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningSon View Post
I happen to disagree. This piece is considered an investment and needs to be displayed, but you need to have a suitable place to display it. Sometimes the office is hectic and employees enter without permission unknown to you. There can be zero risk with taking a chance on this piece. It is a huge piece only suitable for a area that is specfically designed to fit this replica. Collectors who buy this replica are the "creme de la creme" ( no offense to anyone who can't afford it, even I can't) but when ordering a epic piece in scale and dimension one must accept the responsbility of making it last for a very long time that way the respective buyer can get his/her money's worth out of the product.

Yeesh... I didn't mean a cubicle type of office or the type that has all sorts of people walking in and out of it. Speaking for myself, no one ever walks into my office without me knowing about it as I have lots of confidential material inside. In fact, many professional offices work that way. Also, it's extremely rude to do so. You went clear to the other side of the spectrum on this one, RS.

This type of piece could look great in your studio or production managing office. Not sure what you were visualizing but clearly it was a rather small time or unstructured office type environment and nowhere near what I meant. I would never display either of these pieces in a place I didn't own or was "hectic". Anyhoo, it was simply a suggestion.

I'm as yet unsure where I will display my MF and Enterprise. While I do have a display room, the living room/entertainment centre room remains a possibility for one of the replicas. And in case you may be visualizing a frat boy, two day old pizza on the floor, 8 by 8 room or something, you're off. Obviously, it would be displayed in an area where it can be well appreciated.

When the time comes, I'll post pics!