Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 07-23-2018, 12:17 PM   #121
Mister H
Gen 13

I see that coming down to a preference thing. I’d shell out coin for Bowen. There’s few of the pvc items I’ve seen that I’d want. Just me though.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 12:31 PM   #122
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Bowen > anything PVC

All day, every day

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 12:57 PM   #123
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iacon13 View Post
I do. I asked him. He said no.
I can't remember if he gave me any reason behind it. I was too busy running back and forth from the car with my wife bringing statues to him for signing!
I think he should stick with 1/6 anyways. As much as I like them it is getting harder to display 1/4 because of their size. As well with price increases it will become more and more practical for collectors to go back to 1/6.

I don't think Sideshow has hit $1000 with any of their quarter scales but when they do or when that becomes the norm for a quarter scale the 1/6 scale will become very appealing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
I agree, Bowen could be well positioned to make a huge comeback at 1/6. At this point the 1/4 market is too crowded, but 1/6 for statues has been lacking.

If he were to time it right, he could get a lot of collectors burned out or priced out of 1/4 to jump on-board. Especially if he maintains a commitment to comic accuracy.
It's been noted several times that Bowen's statues weren't actually 1/6-scale but closer to 1/7-scale. If he starts making true 1/6-scale, the new statues won't match the previous ones.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 01:08 PM   #124
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I remember 1 of the phases being a tad smaller than the rest. Sandman, Skrull, not to sure which.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 01:19 PM   #125
Mister H
Gen 13

His scale went up and down a little. The Ms. Marvel Warbird statue was relatively tall and the Enchantress was petite to say the least when put next to her, and they both shipped at the same time.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 01:20 PM   #126
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
It's been noted several times that Bowen's statues weren't actually 1/6-scale but closer to 1/7-scale. If he starts making true 1/6-scale, the new statues won't match the previous ones.
I think this is true. Kotobukiyas are 1/6 ish and they are larger than Bowens by a good measure.

I have a TON of Bowens and I like them a lot but I wouldn't consider myself Bowen faithful. There's a lot to love about the new stuff coming out and I find it totally nips at the heels of most of my Bowens.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 03:05 PM   #127
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Paint and sculpt wise I see little of superiority with the common museum Bowens (not things like the Action Thor etc.) Those $45 PVC statues have as much detail, paint apps, and no more slop than any of my Bowens.
Eh...different strokes.

Yeah...I remember Bowen himself saying on Facebook the statues are generally 1/7 and the busts 1/8. Some of the older statues were actually 1/8 ('98 Daredevil, '00 Black Widow). I think people see 12"+ statue and assume 1/6.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 03:20 PM   #128
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quite a bit of difference between 1/7 and 1/6.

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 08:15 AM   #129
goju
Doh!

Good pic showing the difference between 1/7 and 1/6. Unfortunately people will still continue to claim that Bowen statues are 1/6, even though Bowen statues are 1/7 scale. People who say that Bowen statues are 1/6 clearly don't know anything about scale.

Some of Bowen's Marvel statues are even 1/8: Spider-man on Building, Green Goblin statue (companion to the Spider-man Building statue), etc. NONE of Bowen's Marvel statues are 1/6.

Hot Toys figures are 1/6. Bowen statues are smaller than Hot Toys.
goju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 11:29 AM   #130
travis
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goju View Post
Good pic showing the difference between 1/7 and 1/6. Unfortunately people will still continue to claim that Bowen statues are 1/6, even though Bowen statues are 1/7 scale. People who say that Bowen statues are 1/6 clearly don't know anything about scale.

Some of Bowen's Marvel statues are even 1/8: Spider-man on Building, Green Goblin statue (companion to the Spider-man Building statue), etc. NONE of Bowen's Marvel statues are 1/6.

Hot Toys figures are 1/6. Bowen statues are smaller than Hot Toys.
Wrong...Some are 1/6...towards the end....for example Frankenstein and Tomb of Dracula statues were 100% 1/6 scale
travis is offline   Reply With Quote