Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 02-17-2014, 06:31 PM   #61
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
I'm so tempted to go order this at my LCS, but why is it $300!? I don't get it. It looks only 1/6 or 1/7 scale.
Just guessing but I think they view the bike as it's own sculpture, so it's basically two sculptures your getting that's why it's double the price...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 07:11 PM   #62
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vykk Draygo View Post
Whoa, I thought this got canceled... Does this mean it's back on again?

I thought so too. I guess, there is always hope... Anyway, I like the concept but I dislike the execution (primarily with the paint application). I also think that the price is kinda steep for what you are really getting. After all, it is a novelty piece and not a must-have iconic representation.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 08:49 PM   #63
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Just guessing but I think they view the bike as it's own sculpture, so it's basically two sculptures your getting that's why it's double the price...
I suppose. Looking at the bike in some of the better pics, you can see a ton of detail. They even have the brake line. I like the real chain too. If I dish out 300 bucks for this, it better be damn close to that proto.

Here's some more pictures from Comicvine.com

Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 08:56 PM   #64
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

I wish she was a little more opaque. You can see right through some parts of her it seems. They need to get away from using that resin. It looks cheap.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:33 PM   #65
built2shred
Phoenix

Buy it from a 3rd party store like BBTS.com, odds are you can get it for around $250
Old 02-17-2014, 10:59 PM   #66
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

The comic shop is the best deal I'm gonna get. If I order online it will cost me a fortune for shipping. I checked with BBTS and it would cost something like $80 to ship to me in Canada.
Old 02-18-2014, 02:25 AM   #67
built2shred
Phoenix

Ouch, $80 is a lot.... I do pile of loot with BBTS, I wait until I get 3-4 statues and then have them ship it to me in one big box, I save like 70% on shipping charges...
Old 02-18-2014, 09:47 AM   #68
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

This was a big surprise. Glad to see DCD decided to take a chance on it. I too am not a huge fan of the resin they used. It reminds me of the stuff they use on the figures you can buy in Chinatown here of folks in traditional Chinese garments. It doesn't look or feel particularly high quality based on the MoS pieces I saw at my LCS. It does work a little better here as Catwomans eyes are obscured.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 12:01 PM   #69
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
This was a big surprise. Glad to see DCD decided to take a chance on it. I too am not a huge fan of the resin they used. It reminds me of the stuff they use on the figures you can buy in Chinatown here of folks in traditional Chinese garments. It doesn't look or feel particularly high quality based on the MoS pieces I saw at my LCS. It does work a little better here as Catwomans eyes are obscured.
Yeah me too. There's a place in the mall where I live that sells the same kind of stuff. Little statues of fairies and witches that go for around $20-50. This resin looks exactly the same.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:36 PM   #70
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
I wish she was a little more opaque. You can see right through some parts of her it seems. They need to get away from using that resin. It looks cheap.
I think the resin looks fine. It's harder fort he factory to work wi as you can't just sand it, fill in bubbles and paint over it.

I find it funny that people were complaining that Sideshow needed to include the "intrinsic" resin on more statues. It's the same translucent or "candy" resin DCC is using. I think it can be used well if airbrushed with light shading.

You can see light through some of the parts due to the bright studio lights. Unless you have super bright lighting at home, I doubt it will do the same.

I have the Superman and wonder Woman The Kiss statue and the translucent resin looks good there.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote