Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 05-31-2016, 05:08 AM   #201
sipuli
Frackin!

Simply amazing... Empty goat rack would be killer exclusive!
sipuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 06:26 AM   #202
Python
Omega Red

"The Breakout Rex is 24" long x 16" tall and 12" wide."

This is a good size also when you take all dimensions into account. I like this a lot more than I expected too!
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 08:15 AM   #203
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanasaur View Post
This is the best Jurassic Park T-rex I've seen painted in this scale. Fan made or licensed this blows it all out of the water, amazing how your painter replicated the the full scale reference so well on a much smaller scale! Really hope Toynami are able to replicate the finish!

I thought I was going to be happy with the one I painted but I'll have to sell it now to make room for this one..
If for some reason Toynami flops mine I am so nagging Nathan for a repaint. I don't think I care what his price tag is. I'm pretty sure he does private work...I'm not sure my skills are quite up to his standard for this Rex. I look at the proto and THAT is what I want, not a half hearted attempt to copy him. We'll see just how good Toynami really is on this Rex, imo
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 09:48 AM   #204
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post

This piece is on another level.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 10:01 AM   #205
Choopie
Birdman

Will it be on display at Wondercon with the braided cables? Looking forward to seeing that change.
Choopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 11:30 AM   #206
SuperDinoHunter
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thx217 View Post
Here're few more shots to show case the details of the paint job from Nathan Eakins, the painter himself. Beautiful work, Nathan~ Toynami better do his paint work justice.

WOW!!! SIMPLY AMAZING!!! SCULPT AND PAINTWORK IS OFF THE CHARTS!!! WILL PRE-ORDER!!!
SuperDinoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 11:43 AM   #207
Dinos4Ever
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Damn, that looks positively amazing!
Dinos4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 11:47 AM   #208
CallMe_Snake
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Wow....

So this went from "I'm pretty sure I'll want one.."
To ABSOLUTELY MUST pre-order for me.

Looks better than I imagined.

The level of detail, the paint.. is just amazing.
My mind is blown imagining what will come from the 1/1 scale stuff like the Raptor bust.

Damn... I'm going to need a bigger home.
CallMe_Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 12:22 PM   #209
CallMe_Snake
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I have a question Paul, about the certificate / base.
(Perhaps this has been addressed already, if so never-mind.)

I was curious, with all of the Universal Studios requirements for logo/base, was there any chance there will be a logo for or mention of Stan Winston Studios on these pieces?

I think the base/logo is perfect as it is.
but..
Being a Stan Winston fanatic, I would love to see Winston Studios get some kind of mention or recognition on these.
If nothing else, perhaps on the certificate?

This seems to be the first time someone has officially captured the JP Dinos in this form. Using the resources straight from the Winston originals. It would be great to see an official "Stan Winston Studios" logo somewhere in honor of the fact that without Winston, none of this would be happening.
The Stan Winston Dinos are so iconic, just seems like his name should be included in some way.
In honor of his contributions to the art of movie making.

It already bugs me how Stan Winston Studios became "Legacy Studios" after he passed.. but it would feel great to see his name recognized and honored with these works of art.

Just a thought... maybe I'm nuts.
CallMe_Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 12:33 PM   #210
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

This turned out awesome! great price too and a good decision on the using braided cables they will look much better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
If for some reason Toynami flops mine I am so nagging Nathan for a repaint. I don't think I care what his price tag is. I'm pretty sure he does private work...I'm not sure my skills are quite up to his standard for this Rex. I look at the proto and THAT is what I want, not a half hearted attempt to copy him. We'll see just how good Toynami really is on this Rex, imo
well toynami have done paint jobs for ecc that are more complex than this one and nailed it so hopefully it shouldn't be an issue there's definitely not another factory you'd choose over them for the job
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote