Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 05-09-2016, 03:10 PM   #81
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLikesDinos View Post
I may be the only person extra happy that the Explorer isn't part of the statue. I like my statues to be more of a sleek snapshot, in this case the rex is the star. Something big with the vehicles doesn't look nearly as presentable IMO
My biggest concern with not having the vehicles was that it might just look like another dinosaur statue and not necessarily a JP dino. However, since I heard the electric fence was included those concerns quickly faded away. I now also believe the statue is better off not having the vehicles. It may have given it a toy vibe instead that of a premium collectible.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 04:06 PM   #82
Dinos4Ever
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I agree with Chris. The Explorers would just detract from the main star of this bust here: the T. rex. Also, to accurately space the Explorers, Chronicle would have to make the base HUGE! And this statue is big enough as it is.
Dinos4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 04:11 PM   #83
ChrisLikesDinos
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
My biggest concern with not having the vehicles was that it might just look like another dinosaur statue and not necessarily a JP dino. However, since I heard the electric fence was included those concerns quickly faded away. I now also believe the statue is better off not having the vehicles. It may have given it a toy vibe instead that of a premium collectible.
I do understand that concern, but as a Dinosaur lover and Jurassic Park enthusiast I can safely say that the JP rex is incredibly unique in design, and stands out as JP from afar.

And as this statue captures her look beautifully.. there is nothing to worry about. But of course like you said, the electric fence does further reinforce that cinematic moment, and helps to identify the piece. If someone still can't tell it's JP...well they probably aren't a fan and do not care anyways.

As long as the statues have a logo of sorts, to help authenticate as an officially licensed Jurassic product rather than an amazing fan sculpt I am happy.
ChrisLikesDinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 08:46 PM   #84
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

The explorers would have been a bit much for most people, imho. I don't like to face the music when it involves my passions, but it was always a near 0%-absolute 0% chance we would see explorers included or as add ons.

The "important" thing now is I am going all out on my mods and will provide detailed instructions for anyone who wants to follow in the proper section on these forums(unlike all other people who have ever done them, where typically no details are provided and you're left guessing most of the time. I'm spending quite a bit of money on experimenting to get this at least 80% right)I may even be willing to help out by providing parts/websites once I get the routine down for explorer #2. I'd like to have this info out there because while it's nice to read the gist of someone else's efforts, it helps me none when they provide no real information of value.

I'm still really hopeful the JP guys are painting BO rex, but I'm getting a bad feeling about it....
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 04:11 AM   #85
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

When can we expect to be able to pre order this? Wanna lock in one more order!
Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 04:24 AM   #86
rjszar
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post

I'm still really hopeful the JP guys are painting BO rex, but I'm getting a bad feeling about it....
It was already stated that this was painted by Nathan Eakins. Why would that give you cause for concern?
rjszar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 05:04 AM   #87
CAIN MKII
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I don't care about the car, I want the T-rex
CAIN MKII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 05:24 AM   #88
Redpower
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Of course the T-REX is so a part of childhood, i thing most people are here for that , nostalgia, and it gives a real good feeling about collecting this one , i am among those but i can clearly say that JP jeeps are so in mind and deeptly incrust in the movie that you can't forget them !

Of course , T-REX, is the main thing and with the electric fence, yeah, it could be interesting
Redpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 10:50 AM   #89
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjszar View Post
It was already stated that this was painted by Nathan Eakins. Why would that give you cause for concern?
The prototype was painted by him. No one ever mentioned him painting hundreds of production pieces.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 11:02 AM   #90
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
The prototype was painted by him. No one ever mentioned him painting hundreds of production pieces.
No, that will be the job of factory workers in China.
Collectorcol is online now   Reply With Quote