Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-26-2022, 03:48 PM   #3991
SDguy

Eh, they would have to do something pretty novel and amazing with the sculpt and/or paint to convince me of diamond effect. I'm sick of seeing translucent resin that my brain is then required to translate into water, or ice, or fire, or plasma or cosmic energy... whatever.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 03:50 PM   #3992
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Eh, they would have to do something pretty novel and amazing with the sculpt and/or paint to convince me of diamond effect. I'm sick of seeing translucent resin that my brain is then required to translate into water, or ice, or fire, or plasma or cosmic energy... whatever.
Agreed. Translucent resin looks literally nothing like diamonds, so that would end up looking terrible having a statue of Emma Frost all in clear resin.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 03:53 PM   #3993
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I had forgotten about these monstrosities. Those three statues just seem to me like fan services to ArtGerm because he was riduculoisly popular and I think Sideshow thought he could do no wrong. Well, those are just wrong..

Those ArtGerm statues are just a haute couture version of their actual costumes. I'm thinking more of nothing like their usual costumes, with homages to their powers. I'm looking for whimsical high fashion like the Gala or what some artist have done. Damn...I wish I could think of the artist who makes the X-ladies look like models at a fashion suit. The Met Gala for Superheroes.

God I forgotten how all around bad these statues are. Elongated bodies. Bad outfits. Ugh.

As for Emma, her diamond skin will be hard to show in any statue. The water Aspen statue was stunning, but I don't think that looks anything like a diamond and I have no idea what material could ever look like one. It's best to just pick one of her high fashion looks where she is not in diamond form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
they tried that with DC already...

Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 04:15 PM   #3994
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

The only way you're going to get something to look like diamond is to use something like cubic zirconia or Swarovski crystal.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 05:04 PM   #3995
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
The only way you're going to get something to look like diamond is to use something like cubic zirconia or Swarovski crystal.
Just have Olivia De Berardinis design an Emma Frost statue and sprinkle her with some that "diamond dust" glass
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 05:09 PM   #3996
UnicornPegasus
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Just have Olivia De Berardinis design an Emma Frost statue and sprinkle her with some that "diamond dust" glass
You had me at Olivia. Her, or Julie Bell and/or Boris Vallejo, would be fan-freaking-tasic artists to base some statue lines off of, and they would absolutely kill the Hellfire attire!
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 05:44 PM   #3997
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicornPegasus View Post
You had me at Olivia. Her, or Julie Bell and/or Boris Vallejo, would be fan-freaking-tasic artists to base some statue lines off of, and they would absolutely kill the Hellfire attire!
This. Throw in Jusko and Hillenbrandt bros for good measure
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 06:07 PM   #3998
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I had forgotten about these monstrosities. Those three statues just seem to me like fan services to ArtGerm because he was riduculoisly popular and I think Sideshow thought he could do no wrong. Well, those are just wrong..

Those ArtGerm statues are just a haute couture version of their actual costumes. I'm thinking more of nothing like their usual costumes, with homages to their powers. I'm looking for whimsical high fashion like the Gala or what some artist have done. Damn...I wish I could think of the artist who makes the X-ladies look like models at a fashion suit. The Met Gala for Superheroes.

God I forgotten how all around bad these statues are. Elongated bodies. Bad outfits. Ugh.

As for Emma, her diamond skin will be hard to show in any statue. The water Aspen statue was stunning, but I don't think that looks anything like a diamond and I have no idea what material could ever look like one. It's best to just pick one of her high fashion looks where she is not in diamond form.
Those are soooo bad, I too forgot they even existed. Honestly even though the art is better in these gala costumes, I still don't think they would make very good statues.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote