Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-25-2021, 11:36 AM   #41
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
I really regret not picking up the XM HULKbuster when I had a chance. It's now becoming that grail piece I fear I'll never have in my collection. As shipping and aftermarket prices keep drastically increasing on it, my chances of ever acquiring it keep fading.
May want to check with craigcliff1 who posts alit on these boards. I think he said he had a hulk buster he was going to sell.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 01:03 PM   #42
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Good article on CNBC about the shipping costs. Basically there are no containers in China which is driving competition and costs way up. Over 300% for China to the US.

Chinese economy recovered more quickly, plus increase in ecommerce exports, plus fewer air freight options all leads to one-way trips for shipping containers.

So wait it out if you can.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 02:36 PM   #43
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
Good article on CNBC about the shipping costs. Basically there are no containers in China which is driving competition and costs way up. Over 300% for China to the US.

Chinese economy recovered more quickly, plus increase in ecommerce exports, plus fewer air freight options all leads to one-way trips for shipping containers.

So wait it out if you can.
Thanks for the heads up on the article!

This does add more color to the situation. An interesting question for Sideshow is given the global issues on shipping, do they or will they offer customers the option to hold deliveries for any period of time to allow for the given circumstance and perhaps the potential for lower shipping in the future? I guess that would be a reason to use their layaway system but that only extends so long and what about customers who did not opt for payment plans? I wonder what the forecast is on when this situation may actually improve for shipping costs to go down. 2nd half of the year?
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 02:44 PM   #44
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
Thanks for the heads up on the article!

This does add more color to the situation. An interesting question for Sideshow is given the global issues on shipping, do they or will they offer customers the option to hold deliveries for any period of time to allow for the given circumstance and perhaps the potential for lower shipping in the future? I guess that would be a reason to use their layaway system but that only extends so long and what about customers who did not opt for payment plans? I wonder what the forecast is on when this situation may actually improve for shipping costs to go down. 2nd half of the year?
It references a report saying at least three more months of container shortages. And then there will still be a backlog.

I'm curious about places like SpecFiction and BBTS, too. Do those places with heavily discounted shipping just eat these costs?
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 02:59 PM   #45
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
It references a report saying at least three more months of container shortages. And then there will still be a backlog.

I'm curious about places like SpecFiction and BBTS, too. Do those places with heavily discounted shipping just eat these costs?
I am concerned that those other online retailers may adjust their policies as well. It may be a good time for collectors to check that purchasing trigger finger, myself included.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 03:00 PM   #46
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
If you can scrape up the funds and you really like it, you should just get it now. As you suggest, it will probably keep going up and you can make your money back down the road.
I've got a lot of scraping to do to try and afford it now.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 03:12 PM   #47
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by extracomputer.1 View Post
May want to check with craigcliff1 who posts alit on these boards. I think he said he had a hulk buster he was going to sell.
Thanks for the heads up. I'm in the middle of trying to sell some statues on ebay right now. If I can make a few sales, I'll try and start hunting one down. I don’t want to try contacting sellers and not be able to close the deal. I feel like that would just be annoying to any seller and a waste of time. Thanks again for trying to help. I really do appreciate it.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 03:35 PM   #48
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up. I'm in the middle of trying to sell some statues on ebay right now. If I can make a few sales, I'll try and start hunting one down. I don’t want to try contacting sellers and not be able to close the deal. I feel like that would just be annoying to any seller and a waste of time. Thanks again for trying to help. I really do appreciate it.
I don't know if you are on any FB forums for statues in your country, but I saw a couple for sale in the forums for my country. Definitely save some money on shipping.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 03:56 PM   #49
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeheero View Post
Guys, this statue collecting is a luxury experience, I don't think we should make a thread about things we have a option of not buying. It makes sense if this was food or medicine but statue guys?
This is a statue forum. Can we just make it clear that we're all aware that our collectibles aren't life & death. They aren't even very important in the grand scheme of things. We're all aware that the world has gone to s--t. These things are a privilege. But some of us actually enjoy this hobby still and everybody should have a little escape from reality. Many of us don't actually buy many any more due to the costs now and it's often a fairly hefty financial commitment and several months worth of disposable income when we do decide to. Cool, so now maybe we can stop being told not to discuss relevant topics because they are only first world problems as if we don't all deal with those as well. This is very much a topic worth of discussion on this forum.

I'm very much looking forward to my City and Jungle hunters from Prime 1, I haven't bought myself anything at all in ages! But if they slap hundreds of dollars in surcharges on them, I will have to cancel them. Not my biggest issue in life by any means, but it would be a shame for me none the less.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 04:20 PM   #50
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
I've got a lot of scraping to do to try and afford it now.
I never said it would be easy

Seriously, good luck! I hope some of those eBay sales go your way and you can track the HulkBuster down. It looks like an amazing piece.
Iko Iko is online now   Reply With Quote