Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-17-2022, 08:51 AM   #41
Asgard
Deadman

I found the fourth part of the series very boring.

The new episode of Star Trek: Lower Decks offered a lot more excitement and fun
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 10:24 AM   #42
Augen
The Hulk

I think at this point it is fine. I enjoy parts, but at times the writing is a bit...maybe do another draft on it. Must be so hard to live up to Tolkien, but they don't lack for resources so don't think I'm demanding too much.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 11:47 AM   #43
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

I tried giving this show a chance but so far I have not been enjoying it at all, doesnt feel like tolkien or lord of the rings, just seems like any generic fantasy show that would be on Netflix or something. Im honestly enjoying house of the dragon much, much more
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 11:56 AM   #44
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
I found the fourth part of the series very boring.

The new episode of Star Trek: Lower Decks offered a lot more excitement and fun
Lower Decks is a lot of fun.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 04:16 PM   #45
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I cannot stand Galadriel in this show. She's insufferable. She has two emotions - angry and annoyed. This is coming from someone who absolutely loved her in the Hobbit and LOTR films.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 08:57 PM   #46
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I cannot stand Galadriel in this show. She's insufferable. She has two emotions - angry and annoyed. This is coming from someone who absolutely loved her in the Hobbit and LOTR films.
Could not agree more.

For being thousands of years old, she's mostly a petulant, ignorant child, with no wisdom or diplomacy. Pathetic.

Also can't stand that loner elf captured by the orcs. Can't remember his name. Isildur is annoying so far too.

I like a bit of the rest though. I like the dwarves and Elrond segments, and the Hobbit stuff.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 02:37 AM   #47
warhead
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Comes off as more of a bit-h then a badass, just ain’t buying her character., love the movie version.
warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 08:19 AM   #48
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Could not agree more.

For being thousands of years old, she's mostly a petulant, ignorant child, with no wisdom or diplomacy. Pathetic.

Also can't stand that loner elf captured by the orcs. Can't remember his name. Isildur is annoying so far too.

I like a bit of the rest though. I like the dwarves and Elrond segments, and the Hobbit stuff.
Grace Randolph, a very well known feminist YouTuber, called her both a Mary Sue and a Karen at the same time, and I think this is spot on.

I thought the snow troll scene was super cringe. The snow troll defeats all the male soldiers with ease, and Galadriel leaps in and defeats it in 10 seconds without a single, solitary setback or scratch received.

Just when I thought it couldn't get anymore cringe, came the scene in Numenor where she defeated all of the armored guards, unarmed, in a dress, with zero hesitation or worry.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 11:58 AM   #49
Augen
The Hulk

Galadriel is very old, she is far older than Elrond (she is ~5000, he is ~3000 by the time of the events we see here in the second age).

She is also very powerful with the top four elves being Galadriel, F?anor, L?thien, and Fingolfin (can debate the order, sure many nerds like me do).

I think the issue is how well does the show convey this. Her age, her strength. She does often come across as reckless or petulant and has to have things explained to her by...a human? This makes her feel more like an upstart young warrior than among the eldest of their order. There's a reason she was one of the three who bears a ring of power (Nenya).

I think it is hard for us, a species that lives maybe a hundred years, to transpose characteristics onto a species that lives for millennia.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 10:24 PM   #50
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Decent episode, albeit with a couple stupid cliches that enable the plot to go the way they want it...

And, uh...did they just CREATE Mount Doom?!?
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote