Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-16-2022, 12:01 AM   #61
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Wondering if the show writers and show runners planned out the story for a specific amount of seasons. With the timeline compressed the way it is, it might be because they are given only a specific number of seasons. That could also explain why they changed the lore the way they did. Dunno.
Five seasons is the plan. I quite enjoyed it overall, and while I love the lore of Middle-earth, I'm not a Tolkien expert, I just like being back in this realm. I would've liked Celebrimbor to have more of a presence this season...some actual character development for, you know, the dude who actually forges the damn rings!
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 02:30 AM   #62
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
I haven?t deep dived into the lore. I?m just a fan of the movies and I read the Hobbit in middle school (barely remember reading, I just remember that I did). But the show looked great. The writing could?ve been better.
Galadriel decides against entering Valinor due to unfinished business with, and being unable to find...Sauron. She jumps ship, apparently planning to swim across the ocean. Who's the first person she comes across in the middle of the ocean? Sauron of course.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 11:02 AM   #63
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

The show is horrible. Beyond looking beautiful, I don't have anything else nice to say about it, so I'll leave it at that.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 11:28 AM   #64
Bottled_Water
Birdman

I enjoyed it after episode 3.
Bottled_Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 04:23 PM   #65
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Galadriel decides against entering Valinor due to unfinished business with, and being unable to find...Sauron. She jumps ship, apparently planning to swim across the ocean. Who's the first person she comes across in the middle of the ocean? Sauron of course.
Yeah, I have to admit that was quite the coincidence.

Unless his plan was to get to Numenor with the rest of the survivors and use the survivors to convince the Numenor King (or Queen) that he was the Southland King. Perhaps running into Galadriel was just a stroke of good luck for Sauron.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 04:25 PM   #66
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Five seasons is the plan. I quite enjoyed it overall, and while I love the lore of Middle-earth, I'm not a Tolkien expert, I just like being back in this realm. I would've liked Celebrimbor to have more of a presence this season...some actual character development for, you know, the dude who actually forges the damn rings!

Huh, I didn't know they only planned on 5 seasons.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 05:23 PM   #67
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Huh, I didn't know they only planned on 5 seasons.
Maybe they'll pull a Peter Jackson and stretch it to 10 seasons.
Old 10-18-2022, 01:10 PM   #68
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Highlight for me was the Fiona Apple song at the end. Always loved her voice. I do not hate the show but also not a huge fan. But I did watch it all so that's saying something. It had some good parts as well as bad.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 01:13 PM   #69
adee
Green Arrow

I’m pretty lukewarm on the genre in general but I liked the second half of the series. The first few were pretty boring but it came around for me.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 05:01 PM   #70
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Highlight for me was the Fiona Apple song at the end. Always loved her voice.
Yeah, I thought that was well done.

As for the 2nd season, it apparently started filming this month, and a new elven character was revealed:

"Prime Video has announced that Cirdan, one of the oldest and wisest of the elves, will join the story during Season Two. Although the role has yet to be cast, Cirdan has an important part to play in Middle-earth's history. During the Second Age, Cirdan and his people founded the Grey Havens, where they built ships that carried elves to the Undying Lands. Blessed with the gift of foresight, Cirdan wore the Elven ring Narya, fought alongside High King Gil-galad in the Last Alliance of Elves and Men, and ruled over the Grey Havens through the Third and Fourth Ages."