Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 11-14-2016, 12:39 AM   #21
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Sometimes I think Arahom is a business genius and other times I think not so much. It baffles me the decisions they have made as of late. Not that I'm looking for the next Greek god, but there is definitely a following for them and yet, they are dragging on the releases. The succubus... why? I get they don't have to make everything comics or Greek but how is this anything but a waste of resources at this stage. Maybe they had a succubus line planned? I don't know. Then the latest Arkhalla. Everyone just got an Arkhalla!!! Then on top of that it's not fully nudable? That's like taking a step backward. Not they are rereleasing Valkyrie and Thor with an Oden add on. I'm guessing in time for the new Thor movie? If I spent money on their last Thor and now they are releasing a new one, I'd be pissed. On top of that it's months between comic releases and I forget when the last time it was we saw an Astria book. Now Arahom is going to be hands on with this new release when I think it's kind of obvious the guy is already stretched thin. Are they hiring new people? Is so, with what? None of the statues from Sha-ryn to the new Arhian are sold out and they only have editions off 100. That's $40k-60k per statue total, before production costs. Melissa, Diggs & Spencer all get paid and Arahom needs to eat as well...

All this to say, they need to get there stuff together.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 03:02 AM   #22
Kiwi Collector
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
Sometimes I think Arahom is a business genius and other times I think not so much. It baffles me the decisions they have made as of late. Not that I'm looking for the next Greek god, but there is definitely a following for them and yet, they are dragging on the releases. The succubus... why? I get they don't have to make everything comics or Greek but how is this anything but a waste of resources at this stage. Maybe they had a succubus line planned? I don't know. Then the latest Arkhalla. Everyone just got an Arkhalla!!! Then on top of that it's not fully nudable? That's like taking a step backward. Not they are rereleasing Valkyrie and Thor with an Oden add on. I'm guessing in time for the new Thor movie? If I spent money on their last Thor and now they are releasing a new one, I'd be pissed. On top of that it's months between comic releases and I forget when the last time it was we saw an Astria book. Now Arahom is going to be hands on with this new release when I think it's kind of obvious the guy is already stretched thin. Are they hiring new people? Is so, with what? None of the statues from Sha-ryn to the new Arhian are sold out and they only have editions off 100. That's $40k-60k per statue total, before production costs. Melissa, Diggs & Spencer all get paid and Arahom needs to eat as well...

All this to say, they need to get there stuff together.
Lol I certainly hope that Odin is not just an add on. He should be the most epic out of all of them with the Valkyrie being the add on. I don't think ARH Thor will resemble Marvel Thor.I do agree with you on the weird choices. I love how even you are saying slow down on the ARH comic pieces. If Warlock is saying that then I think they should take note. Aren't you their number one buyer?If they want a decent seller the obvious choice is Hades. I slowed my comic book collection down to focus on ARH Mythology pieces, right at the time they basically stopped making them. Still baffles me why they would build up a following for their mythology pieces and then disregard it.Yes do your own characters too but have better release planning. There will be 4 Arkhallas' and 4 Arhians' before we even have 4 Greek Gods. Not Gods but Achilles and Leonidas Ex sold out in 3 days. Poseidon, I hope was decent sales so I don't know why nothing since. Arahom just loves the female pieces. If that is the case make an Artemis. Make her beautiful but also have her hunter side heavily influenced. Will please both the Mytho fans and the female fans
Kiwi Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 02:52 PM   #23
The13thWarlock

No...I don't think I'm even close to their number one buyer. I'm just their loudest buyer

And I don't think they are making too many comic pieces. I think they have released Arkhalla too soon. They should have released Namora first in my opinion. I get that they want a grand finale for Arkhalla when issue 7 comes out, but they need to be careful how much of a good thing they put on the table. The Arkhalla that's out now for PO is really good, but no one is really jumping at it. If this was the first Arkhalla piece in two years then you bet people would be all about it.
Old 11-14-2016, 03:06 PM   #24
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

I like mythology statues. I like female statues. I like female mythology statues. I like male statues if they are done well (it seems like a lot the male statues aren't on par with female statues). I do not like collecting multiple versions of the same statue. It is time for them to move away from Arhian and Arkhalla for at least half a decade. Give us some new stuff. Throw(give?) Warlock a bone(er) and make them nude.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 06:42 PM   #25
The13thWarlock

The Norse stuff doesn't really scream out for nude renditions like the Greek stuff does... maybe it's the cold weather. I think the skimpy armor is as close as we are getting here.

Nothing boner-ish to be sure Nugs!!!