Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 11-19-2016, 03:03 AM   #171
Kiwi Collector
Frackin!

I quite like both tridents. Which is obviously a good thing. Still undecided. Will have to wait till in hand
Kiwi Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 05:56 AM   #172
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

congrats Wolf & TNovak..great pics..he looks awesome!
Great Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 09:09 AM   #173
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Nice!
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 09:38 AM   #174
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

In retrospect, and considering the Thor/Odin/Valkyrie statues coming up, I think they missed the boat on this. I think they should have done a three statue release with Poseidon, and each of his mermaid daughters. And they should have all formed into one big scene when displayed together. That would have been a cool presentation for the God collectors and would have made it more desirable for the ARH comic fans.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 11:58 AM   #175
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Got my Posiedon today. A couple of things right off.

First, the water effect and marlins are flat out incredible. I don't think you can appreciate how good that is without seeing them in person.

Second, I am tempted to display him with the second, more plain silver trident. I matches his crown much better. Haven't decided yet.

One problem that arose for me is the back end of the trident (either one) makes him so deep that I have a hard time fitting him on my shelf as it is currently set up. Might just leave the back of the trident off or else I have a corner shelf that is much deeper that currently has my Valkrie on a boat, I could move him over there.

Will post pics eventually but extremely happy with him, much more so than I expected.
Totally agree and congrats TN! To all getting this I believe you will be pleased!
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 02:40 PM   #176
Kiwi Collector
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
In retrospect, and considering the Thor/Odin/Valkyrie statues coming up, I think they missed the boat on this. I think they should have done a three statue release with Poseidon, and each of his mermaid daughters. And they should have all formed into one big scene when displayed together. That would have been a cool presentation for the God collectors and would have made it more desirable for the ARH comic fans.
Edited because I misread what you meant Warlock. My bad

Last edited by Kiwi Collector; 11-19-2016 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Misread your post warlock sorry
Kiwi Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 12:31 PM   #177
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Over Thanksgiving I had several people over who have no knowledge of statues, characters, artists or sculptors. Without exception when looking at my collection they were drawn to and commented most on the ARH Greek Gods and Posiedon in particular and the Frazetta Atlantis statue. Which kind of surprised me.

They all commented on DD on a horse too of course but mainly about the size and how menacing he looked. But they were all REALLY impressed with Atlantis and Poseidon. Both sides of the family represented in the group and did not see collection together so did not influence each other.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 01:59 AM   #178
Rokdweller
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Over Thanksgiving I had several people over who have no knowledge of statues, characters, artists or sculptors. Without exception when looking at my collection they were drawn to and commented most on the ARH Greek Gods and Posiedon in particular and the Frazetta Atlantis statue. Which kind of surprised me.

They all commented on DD on a horse too of course but mainly about the size and how menacing he looked. But they were all REALLY impressed with Atlantis and Poseidon. Both sides of the family represented in the group and did not see collection together so did not influence each other.
Pretty cool to get that fresh/untarnished perspective from time to time.
Rokdweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 06:09 PM   #179
jmsmith3388
The Avengers

Expecting mine Friday.. crossing my fingers for no damage!
jmsmith3388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 08:52 PM   #180
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsmith3388 View Post
Expecting mine Friday.. crossing my fingers for no damage!

expecting mine soon! got notice!
Great Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote