Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches > Art Stories

Old 05-10-2012, 03:08 AM   #21
Richyrichoh
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Although it's been a bit and his prices has risen, Ebas has honored the initial deal that he gave me. He's been pretty good about communicating and if we can arrange something in the future, but as long as I keep in contact with the artist, I can wait.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:43 PM   #22
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Maybe you guys have an idea of what I should do.

I had been courting Ebas since 2009 SDCC when in 2011, at SF Wondercon, he gave me the go ahead and said he was gonna do a copic commission for me. He gave me instructions on how to contact him, what I should say in the email, and everything sounded great. Originally, he was gonna have it done by that years San Jose Comic Con, but since it wasn't a convention I really wanted to go to, I tried emailing him to make sure that it was done since it would have been the only reason for me to go there.

He didn't reply back to me, I contacted his Facebook fan page handler about getting a hold of him (which he tried, and told me that Ebas didn't do it), and nothing ever came out of it. I've since stopped trying to contact him (and the handler), but the promise for a commission was there (although he might've been a little lit since it was a Sunday at the end of a bottle of Morgan), so maybe he doesn't remember me at all. I don't know...

You guys have any suggestions? I kinda let it go after 2011, but he's still someone I'd love to get a commission from (albeit it'll be a higher price now I'm guessing).
Old 02-07-2013, 01:41 AM   #23
Punisher1919
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
Maybe you guys have an idea of what I should do.

I had been courting Ebas since 2009 SDCC when in 2011, at SF Wondercon, he gave me the go ahead and said he was gonna do a copic commission for me. He gave me instructions on how to contact him, what I should say in the email, and everything sounded great. Originally, he was gonna have it done by that years San Jose Comic Con, but since it wasn't a convention I really wanted to go to, I tried emailing him to make sure that it was done since it would have been the only reason for me to go there.

He didn't reply back to me, I contacted his Facebook fan page handler about getting a hold of him (which he tried, and told me that Ebas didn't do it), and nothing ever came out of it. I've since stopped trying to contact him (and the handler), but the promise for a commission was there (although he might've been a little lit since it was a Sunday at the end of a bottle of Morgan), so maybe he doesn't remember me at all. I don't know...

You guys have any suggestions? I kinda let it go after 2011, but he's still someone I'd love to get a commission from (albeit it'll be a higher price now I'm guessing).
I think his at-home commission thing is kind of a crap-shoot. From what I've seen firsthand and heard, if your willing to hang out with him for an extended period of time at a con, he'll draw for you. I know of a few pieces that people came home with from various cons that were out of this world, they just spent a large amount of time at his table. He is a pretty genuine dude so hangin out with him is a blast.

I know that he is taking pre-con requests for ECCC, but so far he's only doing pencils or copics on blank comic covers. (I inquired about a larger piece but I dont think it was in the cards). If you're interested, I'd contact Michael Alexander at mga1wars@aol.com and I'm sure you could find a fellow forum member to pick it up for you....ie. Me
Old 02-07-2013, 02:55 AM   #24
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher1919 View Post
I think his at-home commission thing is kind of a crap-shoot. From what I've seen firsthand and heard, if your willing to hang out with him for an extended period of time at a con, he'll draw for you. I know of a few pieces that people came home with from various cons that were out of this world, they just spent a large amount of time at his table. He is a pretty genuine dude so hangin out with him is a blast.

I know that he is taking pre-con requests for ECCC, but so far he's only doing pencils or copics on blank comic covers. (I inquired about a larger piece but I dont think it was in the cards). If you're interested, I'd contact Michael Alexander at mga1wars@aol.com and I'm sure you could find a fellow forum member to pick it up for you....ie. Me
Actually, that's probably why he gave me the go ahead at Wondercon. I was hanging around his table all day, he knows me for the ridiculously good rum I always bring him, and I don't cause any problems for him. Bu conversely, we don't really know each other at all, I don't know the people he knows, and I can't find anything I can relate to him with in conversation; it's usually about how he draws things and nothing more.

But yea, I got a pencil sketch from him in my sketchbook that was okay, so I don't need another one. What I really want are one of his larger copic commissions, and his Facebook fanpage handler (Ken?) always gave the advice that Ebas would be more inclined to draw something cool sounding rather than just a straight up sketch. So, I got a cool concept to him, one that Ken thought was neat, and Ebas I think kinda dug it when I told it to him in person. But things just kinda went bad for me - SDCC 2011 got pulled out from under me at the last minute; SF Wondercon left the Bay Area and went to Anaheim; I missed out on SDCC 2012 due to sold out ticketing; and I haven't seen Ebas for a couple of years now. Who knows if he'll even remember me the next time I see him, and if he'd be willing to do a copic for me now that he has a baby with his girlfriend.

Oh well....
Old 02-07-2013, 01:01 PM   #25
vpw
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

There's a prebooking for him for ECCC for blank cover...a little pricey tho...his agent listed it on their CAF