Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 02-19-2013, 11:55 AM   #61
JBElliott
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Superman would have to have a much tighter grip on Lois to keep her from falling. The one hand on the hip wouldn't keep her up. (sort of like the lame scene in the first Superman movie where he's holding Lois by the finger tips and she still keeps on flying). This piece works on so many levels with Wonder Woman.
Well in the movie, Superman was able to fly with Lois without holding her too tightly

Though I was not a fan of that scene.
JBElliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:27 PM   #62
Madame_Siryn
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
From a collectors perspective you guys should be happy they changed the costume designs, all your statues with the older outfits will become more valuable.

IMO, the new costumes make the super heroes look more modern, It was time to retire the whole spandex look... I'll definately be pre ordering this superman/wonder woman statue... Looks great IMO...
I do like some of the modern outfits yet some could be better. I'm still not fond of Black Canary's scuba diving outfit. Her now classic outfit didn't need much of a change since it still looked modern.

Even though I do like Wonder Woman's outfit, she can seriously do without the choker and arm band. Its one of those instances where less is more.

I may be in the minority here but I like Supergirl's outfit. I saw the sketches of her outfit and I'm glad that the outfit she is currently wearing was chosen. The others just looked awful.

In addition, I forgave DC for Harley Quinn's new 52 outfit. At first I cringed but then slowly I accepted it. I still want to read Suicide Squad.

Other than that, I'll wait for this gorgeous diorama to be up for pre-order which I hope is very, very soon.
Madame_Siryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:35 PM   #63
built2shred
Phoenix

Ya Quinn's new outfit is slowly growing on me also.. although I wish they would of went with the outfit she had from the video game, looked more modern and less "I'm color blind that's why my outfit looks like i crashed into a paint store"....

Although I like the wonder woman in this statue, some of her other statues are hit and miss, some look hot others look like she's a transvestite, seems like some artists have a hard time with her face and make it a tad to masculine
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:12 PM   #64
StatueHunter75
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I love the Superman WonderWoman concept my wife and I went as them one Halloween so I've always liked them together. I even have that rare statue of the two embraced from Brazil.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3Vg0tEIrfw
StatueHunter75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:20 AM   #65
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Cannot stand the New 52 costumes and look. Just hate it.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:40 AM   #66
Madame_Siryn

Quote:
Ya Quinn's new outfit is slowly growing on me also.. although I wish they would of went with the outfit she had from the video game, looked more modern and less "I'm color blind that's why my outfit looks like i crashed into a paint store"....

Although I like the wonder woman in this statue, some of her other statues are hit and miss, some look hot others look like she's a transvestite, seems like some artists have a hard time with her face and make it a tad to masculine
I actually like Harley's Arkham outfits. It looks more edgier and it would have been great if DC used those outfits in the 52 continuity.

As with Superman, I'm also picky with Wonder Woman statues and busts. Honestly I didn't purchase the AH Wonder Woman bust because she looked too buff but I did purchase the Terry Dodson and new 52 busts which came out great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatueHunter75 View Post
I love the Superman WonderWoman concept my wife and I went as them one Halloween so I've always liked them together. I even have that rare statue of the two embraced from Brazil.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3Vg0tEIrfw
I don't mind erotic depictions of Superman and Wonder Woman as long as its done in good taste. With the Forbidden Lust statue, Superman looks decent but Wonder Woman's face could have been better. Since you like it, that's perfectly fine.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:54 AM   #67
Vracula
Jedi Order

Beautiful statue i love it.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:42 PM   #68
Madame_Siryn

I'm seeing the gorgeous diorama on Ebay on pre-order already and its slated to be released in September 2013. The vendors are pricing it over and slightly under $300.

I'll wait until its actually released and get it cheaper elsewhere.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:00 PM   #69
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame_Siryn View Post
I'm seeing the gorgeous diorama on Ebay on pre-order already and its slated to be released in September 2013. The vendors are pricing it over and slightly under $300.

I'll wait until its actually released and get it cheaper elsewhere.
Unless it's really big, DC Statues are usually around $100-$160 when their new.... Ebay sellers are always trying to sucker people into paying 2x-3x the price it will be when it's released.

I pre-ordered the Poison Ivy statue from sideshow for $325 and I'm seeing it on ebay for over $450.. So be really careful on Ebay pre-orders, there usually ripping you off.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:28 PM   #70
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Unless it's really big, DC Statues are usually around $100-$160 when their new.... Ebay sellers are always trying to sucker people into paying 2x-3x the price it will be when it's released.

I pre-ordered the Poison Ivy statue from sideshow for $325 and I'm seeing it on ebay for over $450.. So be really careful on Ebay pre-orders, there usually ripping you off.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote