Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 02-06-2016, 01:55 AM   #21
cpluse2
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Wow i don't know what pulled me back in to this ARH forum. Have not been here since i got my Thor which i still love and is in my top 6 pieces.

I was not a big fan of the first Medusa but i have to say it came out looking amazing. But just didn't ahh me. But dam this one just turn me into stone. Wow I'm almost just want the white casting if it had more detail on the snakes. Makes it look more like an ivory color.

I dam near almost cried catching up on other posts when i read it was sold out. But they where talking about the green medusa. Again ARH you pulled me back in... After Thor long wait. i know this will be worth it too... Cant wait.
cpluse2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 05:25 AM   #22
dao2
Cyclops

good to know ;p
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 07:46 AM   #23
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpluse2 View Post
I was not a big fan of the first Medusa but i have to say it came out looking amazing. But just didn't ahh me. But dam this one just turn me into stone. Wow I'm almost just want the white casting if it had more detail on the snakes. Makes it look more like an ivory color.
I sort of did like the first medusa... The way her facial features were done I thought went along nicely with the snake body. I was not a fan of the latest snake body incarnation. I do t know why... Maybe it was the paint scheme... Maybe it that the stone warrior in her coils... It just didn't grab me.

Now this one... Even though it's the same head... Love it. You have me thinking on the colors though... Maybe they will opt to do this one in a pale color scheme... They have a few different snake patterns so far but no albino ones. You might have hit something with the ivory color.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 08:28 PM   #24
cpluse2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
I sort of did like the first medusa... The way her facial features were done I thought went along nicely with the snake body. I was not a fan of the latest snake body incarnation. I do t know why... Maybe it was the paint scheme... Maybe it that the stone warrior in her coils... It just didn't grab me.

Now this one... Even though it's the same head... Love it. You have me thinking on the colors though... Maybe they will opt to do this one in a pale color scheme... They have a few different snake patterns so far but no albino ones. You might have hit something with the ivory color.

I'm glad im not only person who see's this. I know it painted in color will bring out the detail in the body. But that head in ivory would be amazing. Well as ling as it doesnt clash with the color they choose. Even it it did i would love it still. But i agree with you. I'm loving this one.
Old 02-13-2016, 12:20 PM   #25
cpluse2

It has been a while since i ordered ARH statue. The EX versions. You can only get from ARH online store correct?

Just so i can get in the swing of things. On average when things work well with production and packaging. How long are there release date from when they are finished painting the demo statue. Is it still a 1 1/2 year wait or thing have gotten better. I always say you can't rush quality. I'm so waiting for the new Medusa with legs. Love it.
Old 02-13-2016, 01:27 PM   #26
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

look at it this way 2014 statues are shipping now in 2016.But they said newer statues will be shipped withing the year
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 03:53 PM   #27
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Interesting what they're doing with the magnetic face plates on this one.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 04:25 PM   #28
The13thWarlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
Interesting what they're doing with the magnetic face plates on this one.
Is the medusa coming with a removable face mask/plate? How cool would that be... Where did you hear that from?
Old 02-13-2016, 04:44 PM   #29
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

A video on Arahom's YouTube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN3dAUD5Hhc&t=18m40s
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 06:48 PM   #30
The13thWarlock

Wow... I was sold on this model when I saw the first picture of it but now... Wow. Three interchangeable faces? Are you kidding me! That's beyond cool. I think the neutral expression is my favorite, but I just don't know. Now more than ever I can't wait to see this thing painted. I really hope they go with that pale, albino type look.

And the new bases... Another wow. Not that I'm turning my statues over... Ever... But it's just another touch of detail. So cool. I don't know who came up with that idea, or if they took it from another statue company but it's certainly takes things to the next level.

I saw the Tarzan too. Once again ARH shows they have no respect for the shelf space in my house. Im a giant fan of their female models, and would never have pegged myself as anyone who would buy a Tarzan sculpt... But the whole Tarzan vs the ape thing is like a picture from my childhood... I guess I saw a picture of it somewhere and it stuck somewhere in the back of my brain where I stored "things that were cool". Anyway, I'm not saying I'm sold on this model, but going from the picture on the computer it really, really shows major promise.