Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 10-30-2016, 06:12 AM   #11
One Above All
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

where I am at, there used to be a comic which was very popular.

during the SARS outbreak, there was little to no business

eventually this comic shop closed for good
One Above All is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 09:18 PM   #12
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Above All View Post
where I am at, there used to be a comic which was very popular.

during the SARS outbreak, there was little to no business

eventually this comic shop closed for good
Its really sad when you lose shops like that. There was one by me called the Classic Movie and Comic Center. It was one of the best comic shops around and they were in business for a very long time. I used to ride my bike there when I was younger and buy a lot of the Dungeons and Dragons books there. They sold comics, movie posters, statues, cards, supplies, etc. It was just a fantastic store and the owners were always super freindly. You could go in there and just sit and chat with them for 45 miinutes to an hour easy. They had to have been in busness for close to 25-30 years.

They folded up shop back around the crash of 2008. Unforunately, that crash had a HUGE effect on small business in this country and it still hasn't fully recovered. Even to this day you still see a lot of strip malls around where I live that are half empty due to the events that took place in 2008. Before 2008, it was rare to see even a single vacancy in many of those strip malls. Again, many are now half empty and have been half empty since 2008-2009.

Personally, I think comic shops can still be very successful as they offer something that internet shops do not. They offer the ability to go in and actually browse the merchendise first hand and the ability to buy something right away without having to wait for it to ship to you. There is just something nice about a physical comic/hobby shop that can't be replicated with an online store. A lot of people actually enjoy supporting small local businesses. My wife and I do it all the time. If I had a comic store by me, I guarantee I woud be spending at least $75-$100 a week in there. I literally have to drive like 40 minutes to get to the closest quality comic shop. It totally sucks.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 05:01 AM   #13
One Above All
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Its really sad when you lose shops like that. There was one by me called the Classic Movie and Comic Center. It was one of the best comic shops around and they were in business for a very long time. I used to ride my bike there when I was younger and buy a lot of the Dungeons and Dragons books there. They sold comics, movie posters, statues, cards, supplies, etc. It was just a fantastic store and the owners were always super freindly. You could go in there and just sit and chat with them for 45 miinutes to an hour easy. They had to have been in busness for close to 25-30 years.

They folded up shop back around the crash of 2008. Unforunately, that crash had a HUGE effect on small business in this country and it still hasn't fully recovered. Even to this day you still see a lot of strip malls around where I live that are half empty due to the events that took place in 2008. Before 2008, it was rare to see even a single vacancy in many of those strip malls. Again, many are now half empty and have been half empty since 2008-2009.

Personally, I think comic shops can still be very successful as they offer something that internet shops do not. They offer the ability to go in and actually browse the merchendise first hand and the ability to buy something right away without having to wait for it to ship to you. There is just something nice about a physical comic/hobby shop that can't be replicated with an online store. A lot of people actually enjoy supporting small local businesses. My wife and I do it all the time. If I had a comic store by me, I guarantee I woud be spending at least $75-$100 a week in there. I literally have to drive like 40 minutes to get to the closest quality comic shop. It totally sucks.

where I am at, there are at least 3 well known comic shops that closed down.

now there is only 1 major shop left.

It sells marvel, DC comics, statues etc
One Above All is offline   Reply With Quote