Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-06-2015, 02:32 AM   #681
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
This looks great to me. The definitive Boba Fett in my eyes. Great use of mixed media, dynamic but not over the top pose and finally a statue in his classic ESB garb. This is the only SSC piece I currently have on order and I'm very much looking forward to it.
Only ss po? wow I wished I can do that only po 1 from them. Did you po from prime 1, pcs, xm, or others more statues?
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 09:15 AM   #682
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Can't believe they made 7500 darth vaders. Would have lives if they made an ex (unmasked version).
I'm not sure what's hard to believe. They made 7500 Batman, Superman and (upcoming)Spidey PF. Seems to be consistent with their numbers for extremely popular characters.
GaryTonge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 10:36 AM   #683
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
how can the original color be better than what is to be film accurate? lol as far as the knee pad not being near the knee on his left leg im sure it just slipped down the leg. im sure it can be moved up to cover the knee. the other knee pad is covering the knee. and the arm angles are just what they were on the prototype. the XM version is so disproportionate its not funny. but to each his own. its all about preference when it comes to collecting.
I think you're correct. The kneepads look to be attached by elastic bands and the left one probably just wasn't positioned properly for the production photo shoot. The same bands were used in the proto.

Production:

Proto:

Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 11:53 AM   #684
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
I think you're correct. The kneepads look to be attached by elastic bands and the left one probably just wasn't positioned properly for the production photo shoot. The same bands were used in the proto.
Good catch, Valkyrie.

Despite that however, something still bugs me about this new production piece. I could be wrong, but it seems like the sculpt/frame underneath the fabric is skinnier and less bulky than the one found in the proto. I think gogorocketcat is onto something when he said this one looks more like a doll. I think it's because the sculpt isn't filling in the clothing as well as it was before. His presence is just less impressive now.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 12:10 PM   #685
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Good catch, Valkyrie.

Despite that however, something still bugs me about this new production piece. I could be wrong, but it seems like the sculpt/frame underneath the fabric is skinnier and less bulky than the one found in the proto. I think gogorocketcat is onto something when he said this one looks more like a doll. I think it's because the sculpt isn't filling in the clothing as well as it was before. His presence is just less impressive now.
I tend to agree. It reminds me of the Fett LSF in that regard.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 02:03 PM   #686
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
It's a helmet.
nuhhhh....really guys....I didn't know that. I'm just saying Boba has a big head and I never noticed how big it was either in the movies or on this or previous statues.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 02:07 PM   #687
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
This looks awesome! Congrats to those who are getting it. In the end I decided to stick with my Boba Fett Mythos piece, but I'm really tempted to get this. This is going to look amazing with the Vader PF. I drool when I look at this pic of the two of them together!

Yeah and I still don't get the amount of vitriol that some are slathering on about concerning the Vader. I personally think the new Vader PF looks quite impressive. The two of them do look quite spectacular IMO.
Old 10-06-2015, 02:09 PM   #688
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Only ss po? wow I wished I can do that only po 1 from them. Did you po from prime 1, pcs, xm, or others more statues?
I only have 1 on PO as well....Pinhead.
Old 10-06-2015, 02:45 PM   #689
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
I've slowed my collecting down considerably. High prices, undesirable character choices, questionable art direction and spotty QC throughout the hobby has taken a lot of the enjoyment out for me and forced me to be extremely selective.

To answer your question though I have one statue PO with Sideshow, one with Prime 1, one with XM and two with GG.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 03:05 PM   #690
bonedaddy77
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I'm a casual Star Wars fan and think he looks pretty good. All I have is Darth Vader and Darth Maul life size busts but plan on adding this and the Vader PF to my collection
bonedaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote