Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-07-2015, 02:48 PM   #701
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
We're saying the same thing. The suit doesn't fit the same way it did in the prototype. I can't prove the sculpt is smaller just like you can't prove the suit is bigger. The fact is the suit doesn't fit the same way it did before.

I agree the color of the suit is now more film accurate, but I don't remember Boba Fett looking like a 6 foot walking doll either.
well my point was is thats how it is in the film. weather or not the figure underneath is larger or smaller. the fact is that the suit is baggy in the film. not tight. and from what the production sample is showing is that SS is going for film accuracy. and if wearing a baggy suit makes him look like a doll then yeah, he looked like a 6' doll in the film

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
There's no doubt the paint app on that production sample came out outstanding and as you point out, qz, very screen accurate to Fett in ESB. Hopefully the rest of the run will look that good.

I have to admit that I am tempted to jump on the waitlist for the EX. The piece has grown on me since the PO went up and despite my quibbles with how the suit fits on the production sample and a few other small things, it's still a great representation of ESB Fett. I definitely prefer this piece over the ROTJ Fett PF that Sideshow made several years ago.
and who knows. this is a sample. the rest could have the tighter suit who knows?. hopefully not. will just have to wait and see when they start shipping out. but this is by far the best rendition of Boba by a long margin.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 04:13 PM   #702
Luminous
Cyclops

I considered cancelling my order but since this is the only Sideshow piece I have on order (most likely my last) I may as well roll the dice and see how it looks in person.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 04:32 PM   #703
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I honestly never really pay attention to the variations in costumes between the movies. Fett is Fett, Vader is Vader, and so on. Guess that doesn't make me a "true" fan but that's fine.

As for this production sample, I still think he looks good overall. I mean the fans wanted an ESB version, right? It might not be their ideal look for the character, but that's pretty much how the suit fit Mr. Bulloch back then. Fancy movie cameras and editing can make things look better than they actually are. That's just my opinion based on some old set photos I googled.

However, I still get why people might be put off since it wasn't what was initially advertised. Not sure if Sideshow actually listened to the fans (which I understand rarely happens) or if Disney stepped in and requested the changes. Either way, this casual fan is OK with it.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 04:43 PM   #704
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Wow SS losing customers left and right in here.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 05:09 PM   #705
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Except some of the damage on the helmet this looks pretty ESB identical.

This piece is turning out fantastic IMO. I can't wait to get this bad boy. Hopefully it's coming around the same time as the movie. My Star Wars buzz will be at an all-time high.

I'm also definitely getting Vader to go along with him. I haven't ordered yet, but with no Ex there is no rush and I've just been stockpiling points. I have enough to fully pay for Vader now and a lot more coming to pay for another PF as well.
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 05:42 PM   #706
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Wow SS losing customers left and right in here.
Relax. I'm not saying they're losing me as a customer because of this piece or the changes from proto to production. They pretty much lost me a while ago. This just happens to be the last thing I pre-ordered before I made that decision.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 05:55 PM   #707
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
I honestly never really pay attention to the variations in costumes between the movies. Fett is Fett, Vader is Vader, and so on. Guess that doesn't make me a "true" fan but that's fine.

As for this production sample, I still think he looks good overall. I mean the fans wanted an ESB version, right? It might not be their ideal look for the character, but that's pretty much how the suit fit Mr. Bulloch back then. Fancy movie cameras and editing can make things look better than they actually are. That's just my opinion based on some old set photos I googled.

However, I still get why people might be put off since it wasn't what was initially advertised. Not sure if Sideshow actually listened to the fans (which I understand rarely happens) or if Disney stepped in and requested the changes. Either way, this casual fan is OK with it.
not at all man. your a true fan , just because some (including self) care about the variations of a character from film to film and wanting to see things film accurate. doesn't make us anymore of a truer fan than the ones who dont care about all of that. the love for a character is the same for everyone who loves the character. you like or love them or not. at least i dont see people who dont care about film accuracy as not being a true fan. your either a fan or your not..
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 05:56 PM   #708
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Relax. I'm not saying they're losing me as a customer because of this piece or the changes from proto to production. They pretty much lost me a while ago. This just happens to be the last thing I pre-ordered before I made that decision.

The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 06:21 PM   #709
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post

I agree I do t even know the differences between the variations. I just like whatever looks cool. This looks cool to me but I just think XM is cooler for my personal collecting habits. No doubt this is the best boba ss has done.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 07:14 PM   #710
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
I agree I do t even know the differences between the variations. I just like whatever looks cool. This looks cool to me but I just think XM is cooler for my personal collecting habits. No doubt this is the best boba ss has done.
Wise words from a wise man. Film accuracy or not, that XM pose/design won me over...
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote