Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-07-2015, 07:38 PM   #711
Relic
The Herculoids

Just cancelled my order, good luck everyone.
Relic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 11:40 PM   #712
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
Wise words from a wise man. Film accuracy or not, that XM pose/design won me over...
Yes I heard by the people who saw the xm version it was out of this world epic and they said it was massive and godly. Never heard of this kind of reactions ever.
But on topic, the ss boba looks just like boba with a good base and pose will be excellent for fans who prefer mixed media. Congrats to those who gets it. I will let mine go as well since I don't need two of this guy with space so tight now.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 11:51 PM   #713
Khev
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Wow, I think this production sample is superior to the proto in every way.

They even expanded the tiny proto torso armor plates to be more flush with his upper chest armor. Baggier flight suit, more accurate blue tint, and corrected armor plates. Well done Sideshow!

[/QUOTE]

Khev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 12:18 AM   #714
Peedi
The Secret Six

I really wanted this. I always thought it looked great and the attention to movie accurate colors is even better.

But I'm not taking any chances with ss on this. I'll be taking my chances with that other version coming out...
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 01:01 AM   #715
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Good luck with the other version. To me, this is movie Boba Fett down to a T. Not that other cartoon/comic version.

But I can understand its appeal and why some people prefer it to this Fett.
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 03:33 AM   #716
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Not sure why everyone is freaking out. That's not me being sassy....I really don't understand. From what I see the fett we are getting is quite movie accurate with the exception of his helmet which should be slightly more wide in the front.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 04:00 AM   #717
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

My 0.02, I'd wait for this one to start shipping (to have solid references about it) and for that other one from the other company to be at least shown in a nearly finished 3D sculpt, or even better, a painted proto.
So far it sounds like a moot argument to me, both look very very solid, the other one has a more aggressive and dynamic design for the lovers of, well, aggressive and dynamic designs. This one is still quite dynamic but more conservative, and production pics put it in the "came out very good" imho... so sounds like either way, people should expect some Boba goodness.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 06:48 AM   #718
ambasah
Red Skull

Sideshow has never failed to deliver as far as star wars pfs are concerned. I have no doubt this will be amazing and look very forward to it.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 06:09 PM   #719
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

here is a photo of the Boba Fett in hand from NYCC, as you see the suit is more baggy. so i think it would be safe to say that this is the production sample.
and the suit doesn't look so blue in that lighting.
also, you can see the left knee pad isn't as low as it was in the SS photos. so im sure you can raise it even more if you wold wast to.

DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 06:14 PM   #720
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Good call DM. If my EX waitlist doesn't convert, I'll pick up a reg. The extra weapon would be cool to have but it isn't a must have by any means.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote