Here is a delightful review...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo5N...ature=youtu.be
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 08:05 AM   #22
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Chris Stuckman is one of my favorite YouTube reviewers. He is pretty much always spot on.

I made my mind. I am not supporting this sh***y film. I'll wait for it at the redbox and I'll probably use a free coupon.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 08:47 AM   #23
Y3E
Gen 13

Sounds like this should have been a straight to dvd/bluray movie.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 08:58 AM   #24
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Sounds like this should have been a straight to dvd/bluray movie.
More like free to air tv. Renting this would sound like a waste of money too.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 09:14 AM   #25
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

8% score on Rotten tomatoes.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 09:37 AM   #26
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Jeremy Jahn's review also murders this piece of garbage.

http://youtu.be/VVtIY1vFAP8
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 09:46 AM   #27
risingstar
Jedi Order

Wikip says the budget for this film was 122mil. That doesn't sound right. Either way, I see Fox pushing the crap out of this film with ads to make every cent they can while they can. And, anyone who dares even attempt to say something about the cast, will be branded a racist.

Has anyone noticed how much the movie is being slammed -- yet practically no mention about the cast? That's highly unusual.

Also, with zero support from merchandising (Disney has banned all FF toys, comics, pillow cases, McDonalds cups, etc), this film just doesn't have a chance.
Old 08-06-2015, 10:13 AM   #28
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
Was reading an article about the whole Fantastic Four movie and the writer called people who didn't like the casting "racist fanboys". Not too insulting.
Yeah, it reminds me of the Jason Aaron Female Thor story. No matter if you disagreed with the story itself, if you expressed disinterest, you were misogynist. I don't care for the story because we're over a year in and still don't know why Thor Odinson was deemed unworthy. Not even a hint. Then the issue with Creel and Titania was an open letter to "fanboys" which was just insulting. Yeah, Titania is just going to let Thor take her to jail because Thor is a female now? Get out of here.

As for the movie, again, its not the casting I disliked. I'm actually a big fan of both Miles Teller and Michael B Jordan (Cant wait for Creed!) They are both really good young actors. I had a problem with changing the story for the sake of fitting in diversity. That could have been done without changing the story. Just make Sue black too. They could have cast Yaya Dacosta or Nathalie Emmanuel as Sue and to me, that would have been better.

On another board I got accused of first being racist, and then I defended it as unneeded change, and if both siblings were black but still blood, I'd have accepted it. Then I got told "Oh, so adopted siblings cant be as close as blood?" I then defended it with of course they can, but its unnecessary change which in my opinion means your making changes to a story to fit an agenda, and not to improve upon the story. That means your story isn't your first priority anyhow, and that worries me. Then I got told I was just salty.

So, you cant win them all. I stand by my reasons though.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 10:23 AM   #29
risingstar
Jedi Order

The reality is that there's arguably reverse racism in this film. Can we say that? Reverse racism? What I mean by that is that Fox is basically saying that there is no difference whatsoever growing up black or white in America. That is just not true. While much has changed since the civil rights era, the reality is that white men still largely lead the charge. Women, ethnics, gays, still have the shorter end of the stick. However, Fox's view is essentially that we can make the Human Torch a Muslim lesbian from the Congo and that there would be no difference in life experience with that of an upper middle class good looking white blond boy from Manhattan. In other words, they're interchangeable. I'm not sure if this is reverse racism, ignorance, wishful thinking, flat out stupidity, or a combination of any or all of the above. This is just not the world we live in. Not yet anyway.
Old 08-06-2015, 11:23 AM   #30
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
More like free to air tv. Renting this would sound like a waste of money too.
Even better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
As for the movie, again, its not the casting I disliked. I'm actually a big fan of both Miles Teller and Michael B Jordan (Cant wait for Creed!) They are both really good young actors. I had a problem with changing the story for the sake of fitting in diversity. That could have been done without changing the story. Just make Sue black too. They could have cast Yaya Dacosta or Nathalie Emmanuel as Sue and to me, that would have been better.
I would go see the movie if she was in it
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote