Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 10-14-2017, 10:40 AM   #491
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

It's been surprisingly quite when it comes to this piece. I don't know if that's due to the sheer amount of Vader product on the market but I suspect it may be.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 02:04 PM   #492
qz33
Doctor Doom

I think it's mainly to the obscurity of Iron Studios along with the price and uncertain QC.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 02:35 PM   #493
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

I cancelled mine. I may regret it and have to get it down the road. But for some reason the more I looked at it, I personally disliked the pose. It's very unlike Vader, to me. The unnatural step and how he's holding the drawn out saber. Hes too static and Boss to be "lunging or running" like that. And they haven't shown any pics of him with the switch outs. Regardless, it's going to be a nice piece for sure.
Masa_yodamorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 03:29 PM   #494
Luminous
Cyclops

Looks like he is marching forward to me. Certainly not lunging or running. And they have shown pics of him with the switch outs. I would be more helpful by providing a link to pics but I'm on my phone and in general lazy.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 03:42 PM   #495
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Pose is very reminiscent of Jerry Vanderstelt's 'The Fallen' print IMO. I personally love everything about this piece. Very Samurai-esque.

Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 04:13 PM   #496
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Pose is very reminiscent of Jerry Vanderstelt's 'The Fallen' print IMO. I personally love everything about this piece. Very Samurai-esque.

Totally! It looks to be a fantastic piece! And I LOVE Samurai. I instantly POd this when it came out. I dont know why the bending in the knee and "running" look bothers me now. I think it's just my personal taste on how I like the Boss. Don't get me wrong, it looks like a beauty and can't wait to see the pics!
Masa_yodamorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 05:30 PM   #497
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post

Snap, I like this a lot. And the pose does feel very Vader to me, it's kind of his signature awkward/rigid look, but in a more natural and convincing manner unlike the recent PF which was too rigid imo. And the base adds plenty of interest. The more I look at this, the harder it is not to hit the order button. If/When my Wolf LSB is refunded, I may transfer the money to this...
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 12:11 AM   #498
thx217
Ultimates

Do it, man, I can't wait to see mine in person. This is really one of those impressive piece you'll be regretting not getting at the beginning. I just hope the production piece will also look this great, but based on their track record, it will be awesome.
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 03:20 AM   #499
Python
Omega Red

You may be right about that. With it expected to ship soon, I may try to hold off but I would really like this. Having the finances down the line for Prime 1 Aliens and Predators is the main hold back but I'm not sure I can resist this...
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 04:26 PM   #500
Phil the sixth
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masa_yodamorph View Post
I cancelled mine. I may regret it and have to get it down the road. But for some reason the more I looked at it, I personally disliked the pose. It's very unlike Vader, to me. The unnatural step and how he's holding the drawn out saber. Hes too static and Boss to be "lunging or running" like that. And they haven't shown any pics of him with the switch outs. Regardless, it's going to be a nice piece for sure.
Phil the sixth is offline   Reply With Quote