Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-13-2020, 12:11 PM   #3381
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by unique crysis View Post
Catwoman had Join Waitlist option after first batch sold out on the exclusive and now its on pre order
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Same with the Sabretooth CE. And the Cable CE was sold out or waitlisted for a while before it went back in stock.
Very different from what I’ve seen with other products where it just goes to pre-order for the next batch. For Cable I only know for the Ex since I’ve been frequently checking, it was originally pre-order like all products, then in stock, then back to pre-order again without going to SO or WL at all.

So basically there’s no consistency whatsoever and no real way to tell if something is actually wait listed or just waiting for the next batch. Seems Sideshow should make it more clear.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 12:25 PM   #3382
Rafaelcab
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Very different from what I’ve seen with other products where it just goes to pre-order for the next batch. For Cable I only know for the Ex since I’ve been frequently checking, it was originally pre-order like all products, then in stock, then back to pre-order again without going to SO or WL at all.

So basically there’s no consistency whatsoever and no real way to tell if something is actually wait listed or just waiting for the next batch. Seems Sideshow should make it more clear.
I agree that sideshow should make it more clear. I joined the waitlist for Sabertooth and now he is available for pre-order again. So who knows sideshows method for waitlisting items.
Rafaelcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 12:27 PM   #3383
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

Good thing for Sideshow is, that the CE also gets sold while the EX is SO. Bad news for the CE-buyers when it is available again though.
Chris
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 12:28 PM   #3384
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

Double.
Chris
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 01:20 PM   #3385
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post

Why would they do that? Their whole idea behind the WL is to drive sales. It usually amounts to nothing more than a marketing ploy to goad collectors into purchasing their products. It's proven to work for them. Why change it?
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 01:29 PM   #3386
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Why would they do that? Their whole idea behind the WL is to drive sales. It usually amounts to nothing more than a marketing ploy to goad collectors into purchasing their products. It's proven to work for them. Why change it?
But they don’t even get a deposit with a waitlisted item, and some people, interested in a piece and ready to preorder, don’t bother when they see it’s waitlisted. If that really is their sales strategy, it’s deeply flawed.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 01:38 PM   #3387
BurningRage
Inhumans

Just put everything low stock warning and get those nrds.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 03:35 PM   #3388
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Are we discussing why Sideshow should stop doing something that gets people to buy more stuff and impulse buy?

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 05:49 PM   #3389
Rafaelcab
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

HA pre-order back up for Rogue
Rafaelcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 05:50 PM   #3390
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Funny, someone mentioned Sabertooth, which they are successfully moving the Reg again after goosing sales...but...if you join the
Sabertooth EX WL he has a shipping date...so...they are definitely playing games with this.

Frankly it bothered me less when they didn’t do the free for all when your WL converts.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote