Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-03-2018, 09:39 PM   #101
Gothamite
Phoenix

Yup, as I wrote, forum members "panic" when they've run out of room. They forget that people such as Mr. Louis Koo love statues, too.

https://youtu.be/qxxTdon_554
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 09:46 PM   #102
StatueDiva
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Yup, as I wrote, forum members "panic" when they've run out of room. They forget that people such as Mr. Louis Koo love statues, too.

https://youtu.be/qxxTdon_554
That collection is really impressive. There's so many collectors that have big collections like this in China and other countries. I saw one recently that seemed like the guy spent a fortune to amass.

His dream piece is a 1:1 scale Optimus Prime, mother of god..
StatueDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 09:48 PM   #103
Gothamite
Phoenix

I'd buy a 1:1 Batgirl if someone could make one with a decent face sculpt.
Old 09-03-2018, 10:22 PM   #104
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatueDiva View Post
That collection is really impressive. There's so many collectors that have big collections like this in China and other countries. I saw one recently that seemed like the guy spent a fortune to amass.

His dream piece is a 1:1 scale Optimus Prime, mother of god..
Dont forget about that guy with the museum for 1:3 and 1:4 statues. I think he was in Singapore, or china. The size was a massive museum which was custom built just for statues. It was a huge glass house. Simply the best collection I've seen so far.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 10:40 PM   #105
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Dont forget about that guy with the museum for 1:3 and 1:4 statues. I think he was in Singapore, or china. The size was a massive museum which was custom built just for statues. It was a huge glass house. Simply the best collection I've seen so far.
The house is in Malaysia. He hired someone to dust his statues for him. He's stopped collecting statues, though. I guess even he ran out of room.

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=149936
Old 09-03-2018, 10:41 PM   #106
HARD
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I never buy intending to resell it. So, aftermarket prices are only worrisome, if I missed getting the item when it came out. Size of the item is considered since I really wouldn't want to get anything smaller than Bowen scaled items (1:5? 1:6?). The new companies, XM, etc... they make a lot of items I don't care about. In the end, I buy what I like. If I like something better than what I already have in my collection, easy, that's how I don't run out of room. The lesser liked item is sold, and space is available for the new item. I don't worry if I make a profit. The item going out the door has been paid for. So, if I break even, lose money, make money, I don't lose any sleep over it.
HARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 10:48 PM   #107
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

1:1 scale collection Jesus. That’s nuts
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 11:23 PM   #108
bonedaddy77
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

There are many statues I’ve sold over the past few years that now go for less making me glad I cashed in when I did. The ever increasing retail prices and amount of companies pumping statues has made the collectibles not so collectible. Not to mention constant rehash of previously done characters
bonedaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 11:41 PM   #109
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

This happens in every fandom/hobby individuals get jaded for whatever reason and start believing things are dying.... the comic book industry was supposed to die about 15 years ago
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 12:25 AM   #110
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
The house is in Malaysia. He hired someone to dust his statues for him. He's stopped collecting statues, though. I guess even he ran out of room.

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=149936
Wow! why did he stop collecting? Anyone with that much money and space would not stop unless life reasons or he just got bored? He can just hire some people to buy and clean forever. So it's definitely not due to stress from collecting.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote