Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-10-2017, 01:09 AM   #1
KELPIE
New Republic

XM Art Prints

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorudan View Post
Yes they will come with art prints but traditionally we make them based on the statue pose so it's a consistent theme. It's the first time I've heard of this input so if many people feel the same way, we would consider changing it.
The Question posed was in relation to the prints basically being a replica of the statue.

I would much rather the print, still of the titular character but in a different pose to partner and accompany it.

I feel that having a print of the same pose/base tends to be a bit repetitious.

Some people display statues with comics. The picture on the cover isn't the same pose but the same character and I think it looks great.

What are your thoughts, should the picture replicate the statue or be a new independent piece of art that compliments the statue?
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 04:40 AM   #2
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
For most XM statues...since there are so many switch outs that can provide the statue collector with different display choices, a print with one of the poses of the Transformers should suffice. Optimus has so many different potential pose combinations, whatever they decide to do for a print is just one pose out of many.

My saying is..."if it aint broke...don't fix it."

Maybe they can do that for Beachcomber...just for you.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 10:51 AM   #3
novaraven
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
The Question posed was in relation to the prints basically being a replica of the statue.

I would much rather the print, still of the titular character but in a different pose to partner and accompany it.

I feel that having a print of the same pose/base tends to be a bit repetitious.

Some people display statues with comics. The picture on the cover isn't the same pose but the same character and I think it looks great.

What are your thoughts, should the picture replicate the statue or be a new independent piece of art that compliments the statue?
Where can we get these prints anyway? Are these just for the cons or are they available through other means?
novaraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 11:01 AM   #4
IzeroI
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by novaraven View Post
Where can we get these prints anyway? Are these just for the cons or are they available through other means?
Each statue comes with their own print. You can't purchase the print separately, unless you find someone selling theirs on ebay or some place like that.
IzeroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 12:50 PM   #5
Lockdown
Mephisto

I like what they did to the Transformers banner, using the digital sculpt, grey scale with a slight touch of color. It's like the evolution of the sculpture from the beginning of the design to final stage.
There is a digital print of the Hulkbuster head that looks really awesome, don't remember where I saw it, but it would look great hanging on the wall.
Lockdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 05:39 PM   #6
dao2
Cyclops

I prefer my prints not to be an exact copy of the same pose but something else.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 08:17 PM   #7
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
For most XM statues...since there are so many switch outs that can provide the statue collector with different display choices, a print with one of the poses of the Transformers should suffice. Optimus has so many different potential pose combinations, whatever they decide to do for a print is just one pose out of many.

My saying is..."if it aint broke...don't fix it."

Maybe they can do that for Beachcomber...just for you.
I do think it's broke... no one really talks about the prints, heck one of the posts in this thread is someone not even knowing how they get them.

If in the unboxing and review of a statue someone was like "Woah check out this print - totally blew me away!" That would be way better than the print being forgotten about since it is basically a copy of the statue.

How good would it be opening a statue and seeing a totally new piece of art that you'd never seen before done of one of your favourite characters (I say favourite because you've just spent $800+ on a statue of them.

Will gladly take my Beachcomber print (and statue).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
I prefer my prints not to be an exact copy of the same pose but something else.
Agreed. You could even make a story out of them. Thinking the Weapon X statue here, the print could be of Logan stuck in the tube, being experimented on in pain and then in front of the print, you have this statue of him having broken out of the tube all angry.

A print of Magneto tearing Sentinels apart would be a pretty good backdrop to him sitting on a throne made of sentinel parts.
Old 10-11-2017, 09:49 AM   #8
boibleu22
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:

Agreed. You could even make a story out of them. Thinking the Weapon X statue here, the print could be of Logan stuck in the tube, being experimented on in pain and then in front of the print, you have this statue of him having broken out of the tube all angry.

A print of Magneto tearing Sentinels apart would be a pretty good backdrop to him sitting on a throne made of sentinel parts.
That is actually a pretty great idea.

However, a lot of people like having artwork that the statue is specifically based on.
boibleu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 03:03 PM   #9
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
I do think it's broke... no one really talks about the prints, heck one of the posts in this thread is someone not even knowing how they get them.

If in the unboxing and review of a statue someone was like "Woah check out this print - totally blew me away!" That would be way better than the print being forgotten about since it is basically a copy of the statue.

How good would it be opening a statue and seeing a totally new piece of art that you'd never seen before done of one of your favourite characters (I say favourite because you've just spent $800+ on a statue of them.

Will gladly take my Beachcomber print (and statue).

All of these are great ideas true. But...there would be alot more time, licensor approval, planning, etc. that would go into that.

If you are going to go that route, then you might as well sell all the artworks separtely and charge more for it like SS does.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 08:34 PM   #10
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
All of these are great ideas true. But...there would be alot more time, licensor approval, planning, etc. that would go into that.

If you are going to go that route, then you might as well sell all the artworks separtely and charge more for it like SS does.
That may be the case...

However I doubt Bryan would have mentioned it if it wasn't an option?

After all, doesn't XM strive to be different and offer excellence where other companies struggle?