Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 09-23-2017, 12:30 PM   #21
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardjones View Post
Always wanted to get into the old cosmic stuff. Any stuff you recommend outside of the infinity stuff? ( I know that was more of a cross over, but that introduced me to thanos and others.) I did love the first issue of the Annihillation Star Lord stuff but never read any of the others.
There are a few things you could read!

There is an easy to get Guardians of the Galaxy solo classics which has a ton of old cosmic stuff involving original guardians and Adam Warlock.

The stuff after the Infinity Gauntlet is good like infinity watch but that have been what you were eluding to.

There is more recent stuff Like Annihilation and Annihilation conquest which are both excellent. I'm reading book #2 out of the war of kings omnibus trilogy and it is some of the best marvel cosmic I have read. Really outstanding and I would recommend picking up at least the 3 books if you could.

otherwise for some older stuff there is a huge Infinity box set coming out next year which I 100% plan on getting!

Oh, the current Thanos comic is surprisingly good too. But you may need to wait on a collected edition at this point as it's 10 issues deep.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 02:38 PM   #22
Gothamite
Phoenix

Marvel's publishing division exists primarily to carry Star Wars titles now, lol.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 04:10 PM   #23
kal-el
Statue Forum MacDaddy

well if you saw the headlines today. Marvel is bringing back another character from beyond............shocker.
I won't spoil it though it's not a surprise. I 'm just surprised that every character "killed" off the past couple years isn't back.
kal-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 05:47 PM   #24
protector2814
Phoenix

Hmmm, Kal-El. You're going to have to spoil a little. When I google search "Marvel's Bringing Back" I get a ton of characters. I have been seeing a ton of buzz concerning the FF. Is that who you're referring to?
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 06:56 PM   #25
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kal-el View Post
well if you saw the headlines today. Marvel is bringing back another character from beyond............shocker.
I won't spoil it though it's not a surprise. I 'm just surprised that every character "killed" off the past couple years isn't back.
Is it the original Jean Grey?
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 07:07 PM   #26
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
That's what I've heard.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 10:57 PM   #27
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
It's been pretty well publicized:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/09...rvel-december/
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 11:55 PM   #28
Y3E
Gen 13

YAYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 12:00 PM   #29
Mister H
Green Goblin

Just read an article on Newsarama about Marvel Legacy. Tom Brevoort was talking about how Legacy is the third part of the trilogy that started with Civil War II and how they would use the reappearance of the classic characters to propel stories into places no one has ever gone before, blah blah blah, yadda yadda yadda. Not once did he mention ANYTHING about how terrible the comics have been lately, not once did he have anything remotely close to remorse for giving the real comic fans the shaft for the last several years. I guess that's typical. He needs to go, so does Alavi. One other thing that irritated me as well was how the interviewer didn't mention anything about the crap Marvel has produced in the last few years either. He just asked the usual questions in the usual brown nose fashion I read from these dweebs all the time. I wish for once someone would take these morons to task and ask the real questions: Why did you guys choose to suck for a period of years? Why do you not care about the people who made Marvel what it is? The REAL fans. Why is no one at Marvel accountable for all the crap?
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 12:11 PM   #30
kal-el
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Thats not the return I was talking about in Marvel Legacy # 1 it's spoiled already but I don't want to be that guy.

No the adult Jean Grey was already revealed
kal-el is offline   Reply With Quote