Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-20-2017, 09:23 PM   #1
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Discussion on Sideshow Pricing

I am starting this thread to hopefully contain all the talk on Sideshow's pricing in one thread. It's getting tiresome going into every thread in this section and having to sift through pages and pages of people complaining about Sideshow's rising prices.

I don't discount anyone's right to discuss the issue but I think it will be more benefical to the forum community to contain the discussion in a dedicated thread.

Mods, please sticky this thread.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 09:34 PM   #2
COI

I can stick this to the top, but I have a couple of problems with it.

First, price increases are not exclusive to Sideshow, but people act like SS is the only one upping prices. This is an industry-wide problem at the moment.

And mainly, I think it's inevitable that price complaints will happen in every thread where a price is revealed. It's impossible to contain conversation to 'stuck' threads, and people ignore them after a while and the conversation gets spilled over. You can see this with the QC thread we stuck to the top that people never use.

Thoughts?
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 09:42 PM   #3
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post

First, price increases are not exclusive to Sideshow, but people act like SS is the only one upping prices. This is an industry-wide problem at the moment.

And mainly, I think it's inevitable that price complaints will happen in every thread where a price is revealed. It's impossible to contain conversation to 'stuck' threads, and people ignore them after a while and the conversation gets spilled over. You can see this with the QC thread we stuck to the top that people never use.

Thoughts?
I think price needs to be discussed on a case to case basis. In some cases, price is great or even less than what you would expect. In other cases a piece is perceived to be overpriced and a conversation can be had about why people think it’s overpriced, or information can be had that would lead to the contrary. There is no way all of that could be contained in a single thread, nor is it helpful, with so many different products and prices.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 09:46 PM   #4
Gothamite
Phoenix

As COI posted, prices are rising across the board except for DC since they don't have to pay themselves licensing fees.

I think ComicJesus makes a better point, tho -- some pieces are worth their prices, whereas other things don't justify their prices.

Either way, it's the nature of the game.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 09:53 PM   #5
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

I’m not sure a sticky post would be beneficial.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 09:57 PM   #6
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:

Thoughts?
That's fine with me COI if the community feels this thread isn't beneficial. It just seems that lately the majority of the threads in this section get taken over by complaints about price. I don't see it nearly as much in the other sections including Prime 1, XM Studios, and Chronicle.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 10:04 PM   #7
COI

As long as I've been on these boards and in this hobby, people complained about pricing. Things always seem too expensive and prices will continue to rise. First $300 was the breaking point...then $400, then $500, and on and on and on...

That's not to say there won't be a breaking point, but it's perception more than anything else. Someone starting the hobby today might one day be talking about the "good ol' days" where PFs were $500 and we had to walk to 10 miles to school in the snow.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 10:06 PM   #8
Gothamite
Phoenix

Someone should start a thread complaining that prices are too low.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 10:09 PM   #9
aa909
The Green Hornet

Not a useful thread. Price increases are happening with all manufacturers. And we have zero control, so not sure what this thread would accomplish other than a full on -----ing session LOL!!
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 10:11 PM   #10
SDguy

Quote:

That's not to say there won't be a breaking point, but it's perception more than anything else. Someone starting the hobby today might one day be talking about the "good ol' days" where PFs were $500 and we had to walk up hill 10 miles to school in the snow.
FTFY
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote