Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-07-2017, 05:35 PM   #1641
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
So what's the story with XM. Did I read this correctly.... Some retailers are trying to do package deals because they can't move them? Let me guess. They package one good piece with lets say Hulk or some other terrible piece.
LMAO!! exactly, there are a few resellers right now selling Cable at retail IF you buy 2 more at 10% discount from medusa, strange, antman, she hulk, electra, sandman, kraven, hawkeye etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuhayabusa6787 View Post
Asian distributors have always had problems unloading certain Xm pieces on the market so yes they do bundle a "grail" with other less sought after statues to get them sold. Speaking to my friends in Asian countries not too many Asian collectors care for Xm too much with the exception of the really hyped up pieces. That argument can be made for other countries like USA as well but Asia tends to like other things more like anime robots vs marvel dc. Another aspect is house sizes in Asia. Their storage space is nothing compared to Americans especially in Singapore which is ironic Xm operates there. I truly feel North America and Europe put Xm on map more then the actual countries they are licensed to sell too. So don't be surprised there are few statues out there like magneto who are still sitting in their box waiting to be sold at appropriate moment.
not surprised by this at all. Lots of XM pieces go to middle men/resellers who sit on them and let the hype drive up prices with an illusion of "sold out". Then they slowly release their supply 1 or 2 at a time. But prices on many pieces like Venom and Cable have come down quite a bit from the initial frenzy. I think folks are catching on to the games.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 06:04 PM   #1642
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Wow, that's terrible.

It's a shame they don't have a US license. I really like some of their statues.
Bro if they got us license that would be the end of Xm we are the ones that put them in business through the hype that we ourselves created for them. Imagine if you can just walk into a store and buy a magneto status statue I honestly don't think it would sell for what it does now. Part of the hype is trying to get one,sure there are many places to get one and a lot more contacts then magneto days but they are still hard to come by at decent prices without fees especially their conventions exclusives. Imagine everyone fair and square being able to buy that ghost rider. With the millions they have made I'm sure they can afford the us license or have ss distribute but why do that when USA making sell outs of your products in minutes why stop the hype train. Or maybe I'm wrong and even more hype would be created given the fact collectors no longer have to pay 500.00 for shipping cost. Either way we lose Xm "wins" I think even if USA license its irrelevant because you still pay that shipping from 3rd party they would have to have a big distributor like ss so we won't feel those shipping cost.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 06:10 PM   #1643
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
LMAO!! exactly, there are a few resellers right now selling Cable at retail IF you buy 2 more at 10% discount from medusa, strange, antman, she hulk, electra, sandman, kraven, hawkeye etc

not surprised by this at all. Lots of XM pieces go to middle men/resellers who sit on them and let the hype drive up prices with an illusion of "sold out". Then they slowly release their supply 1 or 2 at a time. But prices on many pieces like Venom and Cable have come down quite a bit from the initial frenzy. I think folks are catching on to the games.

Most Xm pieces can or will be found at retail down the road. Some will not magneto not going anywhere in price for example. For magneto to go down to retail someone would have to do a game changer magneto as Xm did. I don't think a lot of their statues warrant the hype but Imo you get what you paid for with Xm and I feel they are the overall best company in a lot of aspects. If they would hire sculptors that ss has a hold of and work on their faces I truly feel they are unmatched.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 06:32 PM   #1644
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuhayabusa6787 View Post
Most Xm pieces can or will be found at retail down the road. Some will not magneto not going anywhere in price for example. For magneto to go down to retail someone would have to do a game changer magneto as Xm did. I don't think a lot of their statues warrant the hype but Imo you get what you paid for with Xm and I feel they are the overall best company in a lot of aspects. If they would hire sculptors that ss has a hold of and work on their faces I truly feel they are unmatched.
no doubt, I really like XM and have several of their pieces and a few others on preorder. But I agree 100% that the hype train on every XM release is over done LOL!
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 06:55 PM   #1645
Gecktechs
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

The XM hype is gone... for NOW. Lmao - You'll see people boarding the train again once Weapon X and Cyclops are revealed.

On a side note - I do think XM has released some great pieces but overall as a company, Sideshow can't be beat. They're the king of the statue world.
Gecktechs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 09:41 PM   #1646
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecktechs View Post
The XM hype is gone... for NOW. Lmao - You'll see people boarding the train again once Weapon X and Cyclops are revealed.

On a side note - I do think XM has released some great pieces but overall as a company, Sideshow can't be beat. They're the king of the statue world.
arh>ss,xm,pcs,ecc,p1 etc
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 10:07 PM   #1647
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
arh>ss,xm,pcs,ecc,p1 etc
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 10:58 PM   #1648
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
arh>ss,xm,pcs,ecc,p1 etc
I read somewhere that ARH is going to start to put latex vaginas inside their future statues to garner more sales.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 11:00 PM   #1649
Gecktechs
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

@crimsinwing1989 - lmao
Gecktechs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 11:04 PM   #1650
Ginormousthumbs
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
No statue is as good as peanut butter.
Especially with honey
Ginormousthumbs is offline   Reply With Quote