Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-16-2017, 02:36 PM   #621
Divinesorrow
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Here is another picture of what I got. Sorry the first was upside down.

This is the classic head this time so no hair blocking the area or masking it. They both sit like this. They literally don't fit into the head slot.

There is nothing inside the slot blocking it either but thanks for the suggestion.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6144.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	233.1 KB
ID:	108745   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6145.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	108746  
Divinesorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 05:49 PM   #622
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Mine is ok except the green plants missing paint.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 12:36 PM   #623
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Last payment charged! Hopefully, they can get her shipped today so I can have her on Saturday.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 02:45 PM   #624
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

So, I just got my Cheetah.

I have to say, while overall, from afar, the statue looks great. Up close, I see a lot off small issues.

For starters, the art box came with multiple tears and holes in it. The regular head has two tiny scratches on her face, as well as a speck of paint missing from her eyebrow. Looks like she plucked her eyebrow bare in one little part.

And finally, there is like streaks of some sort of wet looking stuff all over the base. I'm not sure if that is intentional as if it's trying to be water? Or, did I just get a ----ty piece? For anyone that has this, does yours have streaks of wetness on the base?
Old 10-24-2017, 03:36 PM   #625
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Yes, all the bases I’ve seen, including mine, have the wet streaks. I think it’s to simulate a warm, humid, jungle type environment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
So, I just got my Cheetah.

I have to say, while overall, from afar, the statue looks great. Up close, I see a lot off small issues.

For starters, the art box came with multiple tears and holes in it. The regular head has two tiny scratches on her face, as well as a speck of paint missing from her eyebrow. Looks like she plucked her eyebrow bare in one little part.

And finally, there is like streaks of some sort of wet looking stuff all over the base. I'm not sure if that is intentional as if it's trying to be water? Or, did I just get a ----ty piece? For anyone that has this, does yours have streaks of wetness on the base?
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 03:42 PM   #626
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post
Yes, all the bases I’ve seen, including mine, have the wet streaks. I think it’s to simulate a warm, humid, jungle type environment.
Well, that's good to know. I tried watching some YouTube videos, but I really couldn't tell either way in the videos.

I'm overall very pleased, except the issues with the regular head. Luckily the small scratches aren't noticeable from afar, but the eyebrow missing paint is.

Also, another tiny nitpick on the almost perfect EX head. One side of her face has shading that's a touch too dark, and could almost look like someone slapped her face. Might not be too noticeable in certain light.

EDIT: I was right. The shading on the EX looks fine in natural light. It looked quite intense under my overhead bar lighting, but doesn't look bad in her new display space.
Old 10-24-2017, 11:19 PM   #627
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Statue of the year runners up in my book.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 09:45 PM   #628
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Name:	836746BC-B511-402B-8486-1C10F8FF3239.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	116.5 KB
ID:	109160

Got this over the weekend due to my daughter requesting it. Such a plane looking statue. EX head is nice, base, not sure why they went for the wet effect. One branch either was glued on at an obvious point or had that wet effect pool. I’ve noticed it in other pic’s posted as well.

Solid piece, but would never have bought if solely for me.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 07:22 PM   #629
Divinesorrow
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Hey guys, wondering if anyone is willing to provide shots of their cheetahs neckline. I got my replacement body and it has the same issue, actually worse because the replacement body has a gap in the front where the necklaces head and the neck meet.

Wanted to see how others have come out. The problem is mostly on the right side of the statue looking at it from the front.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_6322.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	155.2 KB
ID:	109352  

Last edited by Divinesorrow; 11-13-2017 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Added a picture.
Divinesorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 03:26 AM   #630
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Anyone have difficulties putting her feet pegs in? I have small hap on the back of her heel. Extremely difficult to put in.

On another note, I thought have 2 shipper box (each with styrofoam corners and shipper box a little excessive. Basically ssc added 4 inches to the shipping cost.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote