Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-04-2017, 07:42 AM   #331
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Here's a video that I took of the Beta Ray Bill production piece from STGCC. This guy came out amazing!

XM Studios Beta Ray Bill 1/4 Scale Statue STGCC 2017
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 09:28 AM   #332
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Pretty bummed out I won't be getting him. Maybe down the road.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 09:45 AM   #333
aa909
The Green Hornet

great looking piece. I just don't know squat about the character so it's a pass for me, but congrats to those picking this up. Super nice sculpt
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 03:30 PM   #334
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
There is one who is worthy of the almighty Mjolnir...Beta Ray Bill. But for his honor...Odin bestowed upon the mighty Beta Ray....Stormbreaker!!!

My latest piece comes in the form of Beta Ray Bill! Simply put...excellence supreme! Such a majestic, bulky powerhouse of a character should be owned by any fan of Thor, Asgardians, and cosmic character lover like myself.

I simply have no words to describe how awesome XM and the sculptor Fausto Gutierrez did on one of my most favorite characters in pop culture! As you can see, he fits in perfectly amongst the rest of the cosmic characters I currently own. Next up in the Marvel line will be Lady Sif...but first...about Beta!
Simply put everything is top shelf and there is quite a few pose options to use for Beta Ray. The paint app is exquisite as usual. The sculpt is excellent. The concept is pretty frikkin cool. The switch outs are plenty. The art print is pretty damn cool. Packaging is the best in the industry. QC is exceptional. This is for all intents and purposes a perfect statue. Maybe his skin tone could be a tad bit browner...but that is more a taste thing than accurate to comic thing. I have seen him in all kinds of shades in the comics so at this point it is all a matter of taste.

My hope at this point is XM continues to delve into more cosmic characters of which I know a couple Asgardians (heavy hitters) are definitely in the works. Thank goodness for XM seeing how other other companies don't delve into the license like XM does.

The package is humongous coming in at a whopping 28KG...so he is a hefty boy. Remarkably, the base is rather light, the cape is very light, but Beta Ray Bill is solid as all get out! Engineering is well thought out for him although the right arms are a little challenging to plug into the socket due to the angle. Otherwise it is a well done piece. He can be posed to where he hardly takes up any room. In fact, he takes up about the same amount of space or less than Black Bolt. That's pretty impressive. Granted, you can also pose him to where he takes up a lot of space. But at least there are lots of options.

In closing, it doesn't get much better than Beta. I love the pose where it looks like he is getting ready to put the hammer down.

Concept / Sculpt = 9.5 / 10
Paint Application / QC = 9.5 / 10
Extras = 10 / 10
Packaging / Presentation = 10 / 10

Overall = 9.75 / 10 Simply put! Magnificence!!!!!!

loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 04:06 PM   #335
Gollum
The Herculoids

Great review Loricstone I’ve got Beta Ray Bill also and I love this statue so much he’s built to perfection

Pictures and videos do him no justice but when you see him wow your blown away by his incredible presence

Everyone who owns Beta is in for a real treat
Gollum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 04:24 PM   #336
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Would you guys just shutup?

Nah I kid only out of spite - I'm happy you guys love your Beta Ray Bill
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 06:29 PM   #337
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
Great review Loricstone I’ve got Beta Ray Bill also and I love this statue so much he’s built to perfection

Pictures and videos do him no justice but when you see him wow your blown away by his incredible presence

Everyone who owns Beta is in for a real treat
Yes his presence is huge. Big dude!!!
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 01:31 AM   #338
Cali604
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Yes his presence is huge. Big dude!!!
Nice setup dude!
Cali604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 01:50 AM   #339
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
There is one who is worthy of the almighty Mjolnir...Beta Ray Bill. But for his honor...Odin bestowed upon the mighty Beta Ray....Stormbreaker!!!

My latest piece comes in the form of Beta Ray Bill! Simply put...excellence supreme! Such a majestic, bulky powerhouse of a character should be owned by any fan of Thor, Asgardians, and cosmic character lover like myself.

I simply have no words to describe how awesome XM and the sculptor Fausto Gutierrez did on one of my most favorite characters in pop culture! As you can see, he fits in perfectly amongst the rest of the cosmic characters I currently own. Next up in the Marvel line will be Lady Sif...but first...about Beta!
Simply put everything is top shelf and there is quite a few pose options to use for Beta Ray. The paint app is exquisite as usual. The sculpt is excellent. The concept is pretty frikkin cool. The switch outs are plenty. The art print is pretty damn cool. Packaging is the best in the industry. QC is exceptional. This is for all intents and purposes a perfect statue. Maybe his skin tone could be a tad bit browner...but that is more a taste thing than accurate to comic thing. I have seen him in all kinds of shades in the comics so at this point it is all a matter of taste.

My hope at this point is XM continues to delve into more cosmic characters of which I know a couple Asgardians (heavy hitters) are definitely in the works. Thank goodness for XM seeing how other other companies don't delve into the license like XM does.

The package is humongous coming in at a whopping 28KG...so he is a hefty boy. Remarkably, the base is rather light, the cape is very light, but Beta Ray Bill is solid as all get out! Engineering is well thought out for him although the right arms are a little challenging to plug into the socket due to the angle. Otherwise it is a well done piece. He can be posed to where he hardly takes up any room. In fact, he takes up about the same amount of space or less than Black Bolt. That's pretty impressive. Granted, you can also pose him to where he takes up a lot of space. But at least there are lots of options.

In closing, it doesn't get much better than Beta. I love the pose where it looks like he is getting ready to put the hammer down.

Concept / Sculpt = 9.5 / 10
Paint Application / QC = 9.5 / 10
Extras = 10 / 10
Packaging / Presentation = 10 / 10

Overall = 9.75 / 10 Simply put! Magnificence!!!!!!

nice review and nice setup. Looks great paired with Thor in your display. I love my XM Thor as well
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 03:42 AM   #340
rhy
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Congrats L, amazing pickup!
rhy is offline   Reply With Quote