Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 10-17-2017, 12:01 PM   #231
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
boy a lot of doom and gloom when it comes to SF... guess its not completely unwarranted though. I will say P1 seems to go deeper with their lines than most, look at their arkham line, TF movie line, gi joe which theyve only had for a couple years is already 6 deep, berserk and witcher lines and they have finished the new 52 JL line up including a 1/4 scale flash (batman to be unveiled soon)
I see the PCS SF collectors getting upset but other than that, it's great news.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 01:21 PM   #232
Vendetta
The X-Men

My main issue with PCS is the turnaround time - you're talking 3+ years and counting from preorder to release for some statues, which is insanity.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 10:09 PM   #233
Guilty
Kindly Asked To Leave

I don't get the negativity here, honestly don't. It does nothing and helps with nothing in regards to the line and the hobby in general.

Prime 1 hasn't even gotten a statue off the ground yet and there's already doom-saying. I get it, some characters have been made a lot (looking at you Ryu and Akuma).

I don't doubt that these characters are going to be made, they are the most iconic to the series in the eyes of the masses. When it comes to who people will buy the most, those names are going to be the first called out.

But Jesus guys, let's see what actually happens first. I think PCS has done great work with their line. They've done some characters like Oro, Alex, Juri, Ibuki, Poison, Necalli. It wasn't all of them, but it was at least some.
Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 10:18 PM   #234
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilty View Post
I don't get the negativity here, honestly don't. It does nothing and helps with nothing in regards to the line and the hobby in general.
i think it has to do with Street Fighter collectors just sick of the same characters being made non stop across companies who produce them

Cause if you look at SF licenses being made from Statues to Figures to Key chains etc.. You just see the same chars over and over.

So lets hope Prime1 brakes the mold some long time chars that never been made in any form yet.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 10:52 PM   #235
Guilty
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
i think it has to do with Street Fighter collectors just sick of the same characters being made non stop across companies who produce them

Cause if you look at SF licenses being made from Statues to Figures to Key chains etc.. You just see the same chars over and over.

So lets hope Prime1 brakes the mold some long time chars that never been made in any form yet.
I see it, I understand it. I'm a big supporter of fresh characters.

I may get flack for this, but I blame the fans for it. Not people like yourself or others, but the vast majority that buys the same characters. It seems apparent that those characters are continually made because people keep buying them.

I can't tell you how many times I hear "where my classics at" when I see news about Street Fighter. All people seem to know is those same old characters.

I hate to say it, but it that's the way it seems to be with SF fans.
Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 11:12 PM   #236
Conan7713
Kindly Asked To Leave

I think this is the nail in the coffin for pcs. Good luck with your power ranger line LOL. What goes around comes around
Conan7713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 12:29 AM   #237
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
Which collectors were those?

Wasn't there a poll somewhere in which Chun Li won by a landslide as the first statue wanted?

I mean, seriously lets get out of this rut...
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 12:48 AM   #238
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilty View Post
I see it, I understand it. I'm a big supporter of fresh characters.

I may get flack for this, but I blame the fans for it. Not people like yourself or others, but the vast majority that buys the same characters. It seems apparent that those characters are continually made because people keep buying them.

I can't tell you how many times I hear "where my classics at" when I see news about Street Fighter. All people seem to know is those same old characters.

I hate to say it, but it that's the way it seems to be with SF fans.
This is 100% true, which is why I can't actually blame the companies.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 03:08 AM   #239
ukshaun
Hercules

Received some news from Prime 1

'Street Fighter there is no plans on Laura Matsuda however you might be able to see something from this line next year.' - Prime 1

'Regarding Batman The Dark Knight Rises you will be able to see somthing within this year !'
- Prime 1

No Laura Mastsuda?
She has to show up some day. I guess is, Ken, Ryu, Chun-Li (the usual suspects) will receive the majority of the lime-light, just as R2-D2, Boba Fett, Darth Vader and Stormtroopers own Star Wars when it comes to statues.

Moving on to the positive. Maybe The Dark Knight reveal will be the Anne Hathaway Catwoman teased many months ago
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 06:19 PM   #240
Joppula
Marshal Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Received some news from Prime 1

'Street Fighter there is no plans on Laura Matsuda however you might be able to see something from this line next year.' - Prime 1

'Regarding Batman The Dark Knight Rises you will be able to see somthing within this year !'
- Prime 1

No Laura Mastsuda?
She has to show up some day. I guess is, Ken, Ryu, Chun-Li (the usual suspects) will receive the majority of the lime-light, just as R2-D2, Boba Fett, Darth Vader and Stormtroopers own Star Wars when it comes to statues.

Moving on to the positive. Maybe The Dark Knight reveal will be the Anne Hathaway Catwoman teased many months ago
Nothing on this line till 2018? That’s a bummer.

All the SFV hype is happening Now with Capcom Cup and RedBull Kumite!

Hopefully they’ll change their minds and show something sooner!
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote