Statue Forum 





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

» Spotlight
DGK Prime 1 Berserk Guts Exclusive DGK HX Project Avengers Captain America DGK Prime 1 Guyver 3 Comic Soon:
Clay Moore - Inside Stories
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2020, 01:49 PM   #1671
franktank
A day without sunshine is like... night.
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by #Brian View Post
I was speaking specifically about flippers.

People who buy and resell almost immediately after a product's sold out release. PO with resale in mind.

I would say the collectors here on the forum are true collectors and only buy pieces for their collection.
Sure, if money gets tight or a newer better version of something is released or you buy a piece and just don't feel it once in hand then sell it at current market price.

That price however would be most accurately determined by listing it at retail price plus say 10% for your out of pocket pre order time and expense as an auction and letting the actual market drive the final selling price. But just listing an item at 4 times retail is insane, but hey, every man for himself and to each their own. IMO

Secondly inflated prices sure made the manufacturers take notice and think "holy crap we could be charging a lot more"

And now we have PF statues over 1k and edition sizes of 2,500.

But hey, what do I know, I am out of my mind
I definitely would say alot of sellers just seem to buy the stuff they want and keep it displayed and at the same time just make listing for it at some exorbitant/ridiculous amount and figure if it sells they’ll just get rid of it and buy 2 or 3 more of the item. Know what I’m sayin?

Last edited by franktank; 02-22-2020 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Words
franktank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 01:58 PM   #1672
#Brian
Hellboy
 
#Brian's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by franktank View Post
I definitely would say alot of sellers just seem to buy the stuff they want and keep it displayed and at the same time just make listing for it at some exorbitant/ridiculous amount and figure if it sells they’ll just get rid of it and buy 2 or 3 more of the item. Know what I’m sayin?
Yes, It seems odd to me but it is definitely one way to collect and fund your hobby.

Personally, I go for the "if it fits in my collection and I feel it is a must have then I buy it and keep it" method.
Admitted that has kept my collection low, around 25 pieces but with the exception of the Sideshow PF damaged T2 I have never sold a piece.
I can see where it would be fun and allow more things to filter through your collection by treating it as like a revolving display, especially with so many pieces out there.
I suppose that's just not for me so I didn't consider that option and I shouldn't judge others for this practice.

Last edited by #Brian; 02-22-2020 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Speeleng erroors
#Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 02:11 PM   #1673
franktank
A day without sunshine is like... night.
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by #Brian View Post
Yes, It seems odd to me but it is definitely one way to collect and fund your hobby.

Personally, I go for the "if it fits in my collection and I feel it is a must have then I buy it and keep it" method.
Admitted that has kept my collection low, around 25 pieces but with the exception of the Sideshow PF damaged T2 I have never sold a piece.
I can see where it would be fun and allow more things to filter through your collection by treating it as like a revolving display, especially with so many pieces out there.
I suppose that's just not for me so I didn't consider that option and I shouldn't judge others for this practice.

I haven't ever sold anything. I'm more of the "heirloom" mentality. I mean I do get it if someone's willing to pay a high price or someone who doesn't really care about the money factor.

I do have a couple-to-few things that I will sell someday as a multiple listing. A few things that I should've returned/exchanged due to them being nowhere near the condition they were supposed to be in. For example, bought a 1/4 bust of something a few months back from overseas took about 3 months to finally show up. Was listed as Excellent/displayed only blah blah. It showed up and you think it was excellent-----my ass hahaha

But someday list it with a couple others
franktank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 05:54 PM   #1674
67L88Stingray
Loki
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by franktank View Post
I haven't ever sold anything. I'm more of the "heirloom" mentality.
I could never do that, I sell stuff all the time. My collection evolves as tastes change and new stuff comes out or pick up an old grail that's nicer than a previous piece of the same character. I started in 1/6 and sold every figure I had once I got into 1/4. Now starting to lean heavier to only 1/3+
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 06:57 PM   #1675
#Brian
Hellboy
 
#Brian's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
I could never do that, I sell stuff all the time. My collection evolves as tastes change and new stuff comes out or pick up an old grail that's nicer than a previous piece of the same character. I started in 1/6 and sold every figure I had once I got into 1/4. Now starting to lean heavier to only 1/3+
I guess I did the same when I got into statues, sold most my 1/6.
Agreed about the new versions, the level of detail now is insane compared to 10 years ago. I would replace some older statues if newer better versions came along, but at that point I don't think the old one would be worth much.
#Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 08:13 PM   #1676
clutch
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
 
clutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,154
I bought stuff years ago saying I would display it when I had the time/space. Now that I do, all the new stuff coming out makes the old stuff look bad.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 03:35 AM   #1677
Themarkmail
Sey hallo to my lille fren!
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 113
https://chroniclecollectibles.com/pa...eid=65283a5592
Looks like male bust will be available in april-june
Themarkmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 03:36 AM   #1678
Themarkmail
Sey hallo to my lille fren!
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 113
https://chroniclecollectibles.com/pa...eid=65283a5592
Looks like male bust will be available in april-june
Themarkmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 07:56 AM   #1679
franktank
A day without sunshine is like... night.
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
I could never do that, I sell stuff all the time. My collection evolves as tastes change and new stuff comes out or pick up an old grail that's nicer than a previous piece of the same character. I started in 1/6 and sold every figure I had once I got into 1/4. Now starting to lean heavier to only 1/3+
Letís see your current Jurassic collection:-)

I donít remember ever seeing any pics of your setup.
franktank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 11:48 PM   #1680
67L88Stingray
Loki
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by franktank View Post
Let’s see your current Jurassic collection:-)

I don’t remember ever seeing any pics of your setup.
I am in the process of planning some custom shelving so everything it packed up for now. I just got a bunch of woodworking tools this past year and hopefully get to start this year. I still have to get my vette up also, twin turbo kit isn't going to install itself and I gotta redo the bottom end before I get to that even so it's all torn apart too.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:10 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com