ukshaun
Hercules

Hard to believe Captain Marvel might be the only one able to to defeat Thanos
I guess being superhuman with the ability to shoot energy blasts should help
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 08:53 AM   #312
omigeo
Alpha Flight

I really don't think that's the case where Captain Marvel would be the only one to defeat Thanos. There is something more to the story. Just my opinion on it though. Remember what Dr. Strange said? "This is the only way"

Dr. Strange saw so many scenarios/or the outcome of defeating Thanos, that only one might worked...I think that's what he said or something along these lines.
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 08:55 AM   #313
built2shred
Phoenix

I doubt she defeats Thanos by herself, odds are she will just be one of many in the group that takes him on...

One thing I've liked about Marvel movies is they have kept the powers of their superheroes in check for the most part.

It's the one thing I don't like about DC is that they make Superman have the strength to lift a 1000 unit apartment complex (justice league movie) without breaking a sweet yet when he hits the bad guy he hardly does any damage to him, even when he fought the other justice league members he hardly did any damage to them and he was enraged at the time so he wasn't holding back, with the kind of strength they show him having in certain scenes he should be able to knock a person into orbit with one hit... It's just completely unbalanced and unrealistic even for a comic book character... DC has always had an issue with this...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 08:43 AM   #314
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

New trailer https://youtu.be/0LHxvxdRnYc
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 09:39 AM   #315
moon_knight1971
Rescue

I saw her smile in the clip!
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 10:28 AM   #316
SONICobra
Batman

looks promising, still wish the skrulls looked like the concept art though
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 10:45 AM   #317
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Captain Marvel is one of my favorite Marvel characters but I thought that the trailer just looked ok. I have only watched Trailer #2 so far and sometimes a trailer can be bad where the film is very good. I guess it just did not wow me but I am hoping that the film will be good.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 10:49 AM   #318
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
Speculation: Capt. Carol Danvers, callsign “Marvel” (aka Capt. Marvel) is abducted by Yon-Rogg (Jude Law) during a flight test. Carol is experimented on and with her memory wiped, she is given the Kree name Mar-Vell and conscripted in to the Star Force. Note the one EW image of Carl in the F-15 has the name and callsign Photoshopped out (or just not added). Marvel Studios wants Capt. Marvel to be a strong female character and having her taking the name after a male superhero (as in the comics) doesn’t work with that idea. Plus there’s no time to establish a different Capt. Marvel as the focus has to be on Carol. Therefore, Carol is the one and only Mar-Vell in the MCU. The EW images of Photon shows her name and callsign on the F-15. I presume only one F1-5 was available for filming and the names were added in post.

Once I heard Law wasn't playing Mar-Vell I kinda figured he was just going to be wiped out. I understand why they would do that but I'm not sure I like it to much. As much as I enjoy Carol's ascension it leaves out an essential character in the Marvel universe and also completely disregards my favorite iteration of Carols character in the Ms Marvel Warbird form. Still can't wait to see the movie but I do think there will be some things that irk my geek.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 02:10 PM   #319
built2shred
Phoenix

To bad she sounds like a 12 year old girl... It kind of ruins the whole "Bass Ass" façade

That aside I'll defiantly still see it, Marvel movies have yet to disappoint me..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 02:30 PM   #320
ukshaun
Hercules

I will watch the movie, although from what has been shown so far, it comes across as professionally made mediocre at best. I like the shots of Captain Marvel flying.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote