Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 04-12-2012, 11:30 PM   #1
Wookiee
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

ECCC 2012 Haul - Yes Another Thread

Well, I've been a little lax in this due to a very busy March travelling for work and funerals, and followed by ECCC and taking Tom's List IV at the same time. I know....... Excuses, Excuses. Figure I should get this up here before all the C2E2 hype this weekend.

Anyways, had a great con. After taking 2011 off from cons, it was great to be back and to hit up ECCC this year. Definately one of my favorite shows. Got to see some great friends from here on SF and other fellow art collectors. A special thanks to Krypton Knight for dinner saturday, I had a great time with you and your wife that evening and really appreaciated the invite.

Had a few goals in mind at the show - Terry Dodson, Adi Granov and Francesco Francavilla were my primary goals. As luch would have I got on all three lists. Unfortunately, I had chosen a Batgirl for my request of Terry, and he chose another Batgirl when selecting his list and I missed out, however I think I more than made up for it and will keep trying for Terry in the future. Got in with Chrissie Zullo, Matt Fletcher, Sara Richard, Tim Sale, Riley Rossmo, Joe Benitez and others.

So now I should get to it and start with the haul. I'll start with a couple of pieces I picked up for my daughter (cutesy stuff first).

A Strawberry Shortcake page from Allan Gladfelter

Black Cat & Spiderman from Agnes Garbowska

Supergirl with Krypto & Streaky by Jeremy Dale

Tinkerbell by Katie Cook
Wookiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:32 PM   #2
Wookiee

For my son Alex:

A CARS page by Allan Gladfelter

A Batman by Katie Cook

And there is a Ryan Benjamin Batman that is still in the works.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:35 PM   #3
Wookiee

For myself:

Lady Mechanika by Joe Benitez

Rocketeer by Joe Benitez

Rocketeer by Riley Rossmo

Rocketeer by Francesco Francavilla

Batman Beyond - Bruce (from the pilot) by Matt Fletcher
Old 04-12-2012, 11:37 PM   #4
Wookiee

Batgirl by Marcus To:

Batgirl by Amy Mebberson:

Batgirl by Chrissie Zullo:

Batgirl by Phillip Tan:
Old 04-12-2012, 11:42 PM   #5
Meeley Man
Kindly Asked To Leave
Producer

Nice haul, dude. You should have stopped by my artist alley table, if you were at the show, though. Always enjoy chatting up with fellow OA fans. Well, there's always next year, since I've got a table already for 2013's show.

Anyway, I think I like the Francavilla and Tan pieces of your's best (I also like the Jeremy Dale piece of your daughter's too.). Some great pick ups, for sure.

Last edited by Rocket; 04-13-2012 at 02:20 AM.
Meeley Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:43 PM   #6
Wookiee

Flash by Amy Mebberson:

Slave Leia by Sara Richard:

Iron Man by Tim Sale:

Green Lantern by Ryan Benjamin:

Absolutely love the Iron Man by Tim Sale. I don't see him do this version of Tony that often, and I love how it came out. My original request was Rocketeer, but Tim seems to have some aversion to the character. It seems he's turned down that request before as well.

I mentioned Adi Granov, and yet.... no piece. Well, I've been talking with Adi and Tamsin about a commission, prior to the show and so I had a fantastic opportunity to meet them in person and have a great visit. As Adi's list filled very fast, I managed to get on his show list on Sunday, however he was only doing busts for sunday and I dearly wanted a full figure piece. Due to the fact that we were already set up for another piece at home Adi and Tamsin gratiously agreed to finish up the con sketch at home as a full body piece. Needless to say I was thrilled and wowed beyond belief that they would agree (deepest thanks to Adi & Tamsin). So there is no Adi piece in my update here, there will be a couple showing up in the future.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:44 PM   #7
Mean Green
Fantomah

Wow, great haul! Love the Philip Tan Batgirl and the Benitez Lady Mechanica. Congrats Byron!

Very cool that your kids are getting art too

Edit: I see you weren't done... Amazing Alan Scott GL piece by Ryan Benjamin too!
Mean Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:48 PM   #8
Wookiee

[QUOTE=Meeley Man;4267875]Nice haul, dude. You should have stopped by my artist alley table, if you were at the show, though. Always enjoy chatting up with fellow OA fans. Well, there's always next year, since I've got a table already for 2013's show.

Anyway, I think I like the Francavilla and Tan pieces of your's best (I also like the Jeremy Dale piece of your daughter's too.). Some great pick ups, for sure. [QUOTE]

Thanks, I noticed you had a table there and meant to stop by, but whenever I started over with an intent to find you I got distracted (when it comes to art I'm easily distracted like that dog on UP - Squirel!)

Last edited by Rocket; 04-13-2012 at 02:21 AM.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:50 PM   #9
Wookiee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Green View Post
Wow, great haul! Love the Philip Tan Batgirl and the Benitez Lady Mechanica! Congrats Byron!

Very cool that your kids are getting art too
I've given them the bug - my daughter is a regular artiste herself. Unfortunately I wasn't able to drag them all out with me, but I definately had my marching orders from both the wee ones.

Really excited to take them both to their first con in Calgary later this month. Trying to claw aside a little budget for each of them for the show. I've got two pieces lined up for the show potentially and if they both come through I'll be a happy man.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:56 PM   #10
Wookiee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Green View Post

Edit: I see you weren't done... Amazing Alan Scott GL piece by Ryan Benjamin too!
Yep, he really hit this one out of the park. Definately moved up to my must have at any convention from now on. Love it.

The guy even tracked me down on the show flow to get the piece to me before he left on Sunday. Too many, would have left and let it get sorted out later, but he went out of his way to find me, which really impressed me.