Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 12-11-2006, 04:27 PM   #11
elwood49
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
Honestly though I'm getting tired of the same settings with the newer Zeldas.
I feel the EXACT same way. Twilight Princess is probably my favorite Zelda of the series so far, but it still is not as fresh as OoT originally was. The Gorons, Zoras, etc. are great ideas, but they are so tired now. Please come up with some new character ideas and civilizations Nintendo! Keep Link and Zelda, but change the rest.

I will say that the Dungeons in Twilight Princess are easily the best ever. I just finished the Goron Mines, and it's probably my favorite Dungeon ever in any Zelda. Truly awe-inspiring level design.
elwood49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 04:52 PM   #12
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Wait till the later levels Elwood!
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 05:07 PM   #13
Primal
Batman

Quote:
My bad Primal! I meant Link's Awakening for the Gameboy Color! Yeah that's the one. Where he never really existed but was part of a whale's dream to save the land. Remember that one? That could have been Hyrule too but there wasn't much about it going on.
I've hardly ever played Gameboy so I never played those Zelda games. A whale's dream??? Sounds like Super Mario 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwood49 View Post
I feel the EXACT same way. Twilight Princess is probably my favorite Zelda of the series so far, but it still is not as fresh as OoT originally was.
OoT will probably be my favorite game ever. Twilight Princess...I just started a couple days ago and just reverted back to human mode. I guess I still have a long ways to go.

But I miss the aspect of exploring different parts of Hyrule whenever I felt like it. Unlike TP where I'm kinda forced to go in a certain direction.
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 06:21 PM   #14
melike
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Just out of curiousity what mario games didnt feature Peach??

Anyway - ive had Zelda for a week now but i haven tplayed it cos my tvs screwy and i wan to play it in the optiumum level (i wanted to buy a new tv but of course cant afford it..)
melike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 07:32 PM   #15
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal View Post
I've hardly ever played Gameboy so I never played those Zelda games. A whale's dream??? Sounds like Super Mario 2.

OoT will probably be my favorite game ever. Twilight Princess...I just started a couple days ago and just reverted back to human mode. I guess I still have a long ways to go.

But I miss the aspect of exploring different parts of Hyrule whenever I felt like it. Unlike TP where I'm kinda forced to go in a certain direction.
You're missing out! Get the ROM for it and play it on an emulator! It's a really great story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melike View Post
Just out of curiousity what mario games didnt feature Peach??

Anyway - ive had Zelda for a week now but i haven tplayed it cos my tvs screwy and i wan to play it in the optiumum level (i wanted to buy a new tv but of course cant afford it..)
And Mario and Luigi never had her. It was just a 2 player game where you killed the crabs and tried to get the other guy dead too remember? But I know there has to be another newer game. I think the one where Mario is a baby with Yoshi doesn't really count as a Mario game... I'll have to check. I haven't played Mario and Luigi Partners in Time yet. Oh but Dr. Mario too! Sure novelty games like that really don't count. I guess most Mario Adentures do include Peach.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:41 PM   #16
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

I just bought it yesterday for GameCube but I bought it for Danny to give me for Christmas...heehee. That puppy was cleaned off the shelves too. I created a panic at Best Buy because the computer said they had 5 and an unsuspecting worker went back to get it for me. It created a stir because they were the stash that the workers were hording for themselves. Luckily I was standing by the door when he came out and the other empoyees were following him with a look of horror on there faces. I had also told other people that they had 5 and there were 3 other guys standing there to get one and they all got turned down with a lie saying they didn't have anymore.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 07:22 AM   #17
Primal
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
Luckily I was standing by the door when he came out and the other empoyees were following him with a look of horror on there faces.
Hah. I would've loved to have seen that.
Congrats on picking up the game.

FYI...the game on Gamecube is an exact mirror image of the Wii version.
Where everything on the right is now on the left & vice versa.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:08 AM   #18
elwood49
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal View Post
Hah. I would've loved to have seen that.
Congrats on picking up the game.

FYI...the game on Gamecube is an exact mirror image of the Wii version.
Where everything on the right is now on the left & vice versa.
The Wii version is also the only version that has 16:9 support, which is absolutely critical for me.

The differences are:

1. The worlds are mirror images
2. Different controls
3. Wii has 16:9 mode
elwood49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 12:09 PM   #19
Ghost

Yup I'm happy they have the 16:9 support but umm it doesn't fill up my entire set?
Old 12-14-2006, 12:37 PM   #20
Primal
Batman

Quote:
Yup I'm happy they have the 16:9 support but umm it doesn't fill up my entire set?
Yup.
It's only properly exploited if you have a widescreen tv.