Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-05-2019, 03:37 PM   #31
CrocodileRock
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
I think these are all inspired by the various forms of the characters in the series.People are excited about these and will buy them. I'm included in that group. I see nothing inferior about these versions.
Come on, you see the designs of characters and overall drawing and animation in the BATS and is far superior to the new adventures and justice league, is not even close. Even the scripts are far better.
CrocodileRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 03:38 PM   #32
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
On the SSC video for this line they say they used parts of the characters from both BTAS and JL
I’m hoping Harley is straight BTAS style, but from those pics I doubt it. She, more than any other, should look as close to Bruce Timm styling as possible seeing as BTAS was her origin to the world.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 12:12 AM   #33
craigcliff1
Zot

new photo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sschar.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	214.5 KB
ID:	121162  
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 02:28 AM   #34
batman1180
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
new photo
Her head looks too big for her body.

BTAS is one of my all time favorite shows, but for some reason, SS hasn't done a single of of these animated maquettes that I care for. Something just seems a little off with each one.
batman1180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 09:15 AM   #35
CrocodileRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman1180 View Post
Her head looks too big for her body.

BTAS is one of my all time favorite shows, but for some reason, SS hasn't done a single of of these animated maquettes that I care for. Something just seems a little off with each one.
Same, stop with interpretations of this sideshow!!

edit: noticed looking better at the photo, that her face is diamond shape and too big as you said when it should be more rounded and small(as the Timm style is) that and also she looks too evil for an animated harley, who is quite innocent and dummy, This isn't the harley I know
Old 02-22-2019, 09:52 AM   #36
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrocodileRock View Post
Same, stop with interpretations of this sideshow!!

edit: noticed looking better at the photo, that her face is diamond shape and too big as you said when it should be more rounded and small(as the Timm style is) that and also she looks too evil for an animated harley, who is quite innocent and dummy, This isn't the harley I know
They had to make it more angular to avoid getting sued by Timm. They don't have the license for pure BTAS - hence why none of them look exactly like BTAS.

I think Harley is the best blend of the bunch. Her face looks fine to me. She does look a little more wicked and less bubbly - but maybe the EX will fix that?
Old 02-22-2019, 11:10 AM   #37
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Why bother doing a line if you can’t mimic the cartoon exactly? No liscence move on then. My opinion anyways
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 11:39 AM   #38
Demona
Martian Manhunter

They do have the license for the Animated Series section, but not BTAS. If you recall, BTAS started it all, but then Superman and Justice League cartoons came out. Timm did NOT draw those. THAT is the license SS has. Hence Wonder Woman looking like she does. But having that license also allows for JL members to me made. Martian Manhunter, Hawkgirl, Black Canary, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Lex Luthor, Aquaman, etc.

Joker will be a noticeable non-Timm piece. I bet his face is very pointy in the chin/jaw versus square. He was always one of the most noticeably different characters between the two series.
Old 02-22-2019, 12:45 PM   #39
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Ah I do remember the subtle differences now. It’s been a while
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 01:43 PM   #40
CrocodileRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
They do have the license for the Animated Series section, but not BTAS. If you recall, BTAS started it all, but then Superman and Justice League cartoons came out. Timm did NOT draw those. THAT is the license SS has. Hence Wonder Woman looking like she does. But having that license also allows for JL members to me made. Martian Manhunter, Hawkgirl, Black Canary, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Lex Luthor, Aquaman, etc.

Joker will be a noticeable non-Timm piece. I bet his face is very pointy in the chin/jaw versus square. He was always one of the most noticeably different characters between the two series.
Well, I'm very happy with my 1/6 Eaglemoss batman BTAS and Dc Collectibles designer series Harley, so I'm passing on these, in my opinion there is a huge difference in artistic quality between BTAS and all the rest that came after like new adventures, justice league, etc therefore I couldn't care less about sideshow non-Timm, overpriced, animated 1/5 line