Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-18-2018, 12:47 PM   #441
AC_808
Hercules

Having both is the best case scenario. Go for broke!
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 12:48 PM   #442
myskye23
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vhernandez3242 View Post
Still torn between this and the IS one... I love the look of this piece but I don't feel it represents the frank castle I read about in the ennis MAX comics.. He does look more rugged and stuff but the face paint and a few other things are making it a hard sell for me. And I feel like they won't do an unmasked portrait because I feel like it would come out looking bad... decisions, decisions...

Also hes just wearing a t shirt and pants.. I kind of like the IS one better in that regard with the magazine belt and stuff.. more true to the comic
I'm with you on this as well and I'm torn between the two, although I am leaning a little more towards the IS version (51/49). I like the SS version a lot but that IS version looks like it stepped out of a comic book and all the accessories and switch outs, and the Jim Lee COH really makes it more tempting to own. The SS version will win me over if they give him a switch out right arm holding a shotgun or a COH with no face paint.
myskye23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 01:50 PM   #443
vhernandez3242
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Just pulled the trigger on the IS one. used my sideshow credit from cancelled PCS orders for it so I think its a solid choice and the right one for me personally. I've heard that with IS what you see is what you get, I'll wait for the SS one to come out so I can see how the production piece looks and then decide if I want it or not. good luck to everyone who POs this!
vhernandez3242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 01:55 PM   #444
FearlessJay
Hellboy
Adamantium Plus Member

Looking at this and the IS versions (as well as the previous SS PF), have we ever gotten him NOT in a museum pose? This piece might be the most "dynamic" I've seen... and he's only walking.
FearlessJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 02:49 PM   #445
fsdre
Mephisto

Xm did one of him riding a motorcycle
fsdre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 03:15 PM   #446
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsdre View Post
I wasn't impressed by that.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 03:19 PM   #447
FearlessJay
Hellboy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsdre View Post

I remember that one... but that only illustrates my point further. When I think of Frank in a dynamic pose, riding a motorcycle or holding a baseball bat aren't exactly at the top of the list.

This came about because I was thinking of which Punisher would go best with the Thor PF and I realized the answer was none. Thor is Thorring while Punisher is post to pre-Punishing.

Yes, I just somehow turned this rant into an SAT question.

I blaming SS for only good reasons though. After Wolvie, X-23, and Thor, now I expect an iconic pose. "Hold a gun and look stoic" may work for Frank in concept, but it pales next to those guys.
End rant.

P.S. This piece still looks beautiful. Just making an observation on the whole.
FearlessJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 03:29 PM   #448
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessJay View Post
Looking at this and the IS versions (as well as the previous SS PF), have we ever gotten him NOT in a museum pose? This piece might be the most "dynamic" I've seen... and he's only walking.
You can't really do this character in a dynamic action pose, he's either shooting a gun like some of the Bowen's or standing looking like a bad-ass before/after a gun fight.
Frank leaping into battle wouldn't quite work, the VS diorama SS did is probably the most dynamic you could make him.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 03:38 PM   #449
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessJay View Post
personally ive never seen him as a "dynamic character" - sure he has moments where hes shooting on the run but i dont think that captures the essence of his character. hes more of a solemn brooding one man army
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 03:42 PM   #450
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
personally ive never seen him as a "dynamic character" - sure he has moments where hes shooting on the run but i dont think that captures the essence of his character. hes more of a solemn brooding one man army
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote