Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

View Poll Results: How many collectors were able to secure a 1/3 AKUMA or SHIN???
Yes, I ordered a REGULAR AKUMA!!! 66 41.51%
Yes, I ordered a SHIN AKUMA 47 29.56%
No, i was unable to secure any 1/3 AKUMAS due to site? 64 40.25%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-16-2015, 07:39 PM   #131
nongshim
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8magician View Post
I missed out both times and I'm at a point now where I'm seriously considering buying one from ebay but don't know if I should wait or just buy one now. Does anyone have any advise on what to do?
Check the popcultcha website every now and then. Someone might end up cancelling their preorder and then you can grab it. It was $1500AUD shipped within Australia.
nongshim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 03:45 AM   #132
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

So more ppl scored the Akuma here.
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 04:26 PM   #133
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyester View Post
I doubt it some buyers are simply trying to grab a regular becuase thats the one they want. Once all the Regulars have flipped themselves into collectors hands then peeps had better grab a Shin or risk missing out completely

If you pick either of these statues up for $1000 or less at any point down the road then congratualtions to you!
Yeah agreed Jyester! Consider your self lucky if you managed to get one at $1,000 or less as awhile down road will be hundreds more! If anyone has chance to own this for $100-$300 more than retail ($950-$1,150) and you can afford it do it because if you don't this will be tougher and tougher to own due to price increases!

Funny thing to me is all the people that bought this just to sell and they have not been able to sell at some of the prices they expected $3,000+! I really hope none of these flippers sell theirs, or if they do I hope they under sell at lot lower price...

Many dropped price to around $1,500 which I was surprised to see some that low on eBay, I know some are still double retail but hey they are coming down from what the first listings started!!

For those of you that can't get one yet keep your head up as you all will eventually find one just may take some time! But don't buy just to buy! Buy this piece at the price you all feel confident and comfortable with! To own this piece your wallet is going to have to be little comfortable than paying retail but hey just give it time everyone and you guys all relax let all the mother flippers sweat it out on eBay all of you that don't hsve one don't need to sweat until you get one!

But good luck to all and I hope all of you guys get one soon!! I can not tell you guys what a feeling it is once you see the receipt confirmation of the Akuma figure your heart drops and your jaw drops and my stomach got all tight for few minutes! So trust me this piece Is worth every penny and many more pennies and is worth the wait so do whatever it takes and make this 1/3 Akuma yours! The next 1/4th Akuma will not be released until 2017-2018 so might as well own this and get the quarter scale when you can! And if you don't like the 1/3 Akuma I'm sure you could sell make few bucks to purchase the 1/4 Akuma!

Sarah Joe
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 06:24 PM   #134
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
Yeah agreed Jyester! Consider your self lucky if you managed to get one at $1,000 or less as awhile down road will be hundreds more! If anyone has chance to own this for $100-$300 more than retail ($950-$1,150) and you can afford it do it because if you don't this will be tougher and tougher to own due to price increases!

Funny thing to me is all the people that bought this just to sell and they have not been able to sell at some of the prices they expected $3,000+! I really hope none of these flippers sell theirs, or if they do I hope they under sell at lot lower price...

Many dropped price to around $1,500 which I was surprised to see some that low on eBay, I know some are still double retail but hey they are coming down from what the first listings started!!

For those of you that can't get one yet keep your head up as you all will eventually find one just may take some time! But don't buy just to buy! Buy this piece at the price you all feel confident and comfortable with! To own this piece your wallet is going to have to be little comfortable than paying retail but hey just give it time everyone and you guys all relax let all the mother flippers sweat it out on eBay all of you that don't hsve one don't need to sweat until you get one!

But good luck to all and I hope all of you guys get one soon!! I can not tell you guys what a feeling it is once you see the receipt confirmation of the Akuma figure your heart drops and your jaw drops and my stomach got all tight for few minutes! So trust me this piece Is worth every penny and many more pennies and is worth the wait so do whatever it takes and make this 1/3 Akuma yours! The next 1/4th Akuma will not be released until 2017-2018 so might as well own this and get the quarter scale when you can! And if you don't like the 1/3 Akuma I'm sure you could sell make few bucks to purchase the 1/4 Akuma!

Sarah Joe
I feel pretty good at paying 1200 for my regular. Especially since reading this post on Facebook:

FB- "i offered 1500.00$ to several people selling the original on ebay only to be shot down over 8 times such greed for a statue that isnt even out yet"

Obviously we don't know how the future is going to treat this piece. Could go up or could go down. But I'll be happy to have him none the less.
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote