Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 08-07-2010, 08:50 PM   #21
woozie0
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaggs1 View Post
I HOPE NOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by moore_000 View Post
The Hulk Comiquette will have the same challenges as Vega, but at much bigger scale because its heavier and angle of lean is greater. Sideshow should have the factory finish a production staue (not the paint sample or counter sample) and subject the entire display it to constant 100 degree temperature for about 3 to 4 weeks and see what happens.
woozie0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 03:29 PM   #22
akumalove
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by moore_000 View Post
Vega statue is top heavy and has a slight slant on his pose. So the entire weight is not down directed down his legs and the gravity is pulling on the top of the statue sideways in the direction of the lean. This is the same problem that the Kiani statue from Aspen has. The lean and the gravitational pull becomes accelerated on summer months with heat because heat make resin semi pliable. You can use heat gun to slowly push Vega back to its original position, but this will not solve the lean problem and it will eventually go back. To permanently solve this leaning problem, you would have to drill a hole through the base into the leg that is stepping forward. The hole need to be about mid thigh high so you can insert a metal rod that runs from the base to the mid thigh. The metal rod need to be strong/thick enough to hold the statue in place. The temperary fix would be push Vega back to its original place with heat and have him lean against the wall but the hair looks like will get in the way.
THX a lot, I have done it with my hair dryer and afterwards cooled down the legs again with ice:

Looks much better now and it was very easy, if he ever bends again I just can fix it again.

Christina
akumalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 08:25 PM   #23
rems
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akumalove View Post
THX a lot, I have done it with my hair dryer and afterwards cooled down the legs again with ice:

Looks much better now and it was very easy, if he ever bends again I just can fix it again.

Christina
Christina,
u can always use the cold mode on the hair dryer instead of ice... it will do the same job...thats what i did... but eventually it will bend again... and we repeat the same procedure again...
rems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 09:23 PM   #24
XMAN
Ultron

where exactly to do apply the heat??????
XMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 10:04 PM   #25
Rider-Maniax
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I have heated the legs for 2 times now & keep on bending after a while. Will the paint came off if heated several times? So now I display my Vega leaning against the wall of my display cabinet to make sure it doesn't bend further. Looks ugly but better than bend & eventually break
Rider-Maniax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 10:27 PM   #26
THE_BEAST
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider-Maniax View Post
I have heated the legs for 2 times now & keep on bending after a while. Will the paint came off if heated several times? So now I display my Vega leaning against the wall of my display cabinet to make sure it doesn't bend further. Looks ugly but better than bend & eventually break
Sell it on the bay asap, then buy another one.
THE_BEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:20 PM   #27
rems
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMAN View Post
where exactly to do apply the heat??????
from ankle to thigh...
dryer not too close... paint is ok, so far i have done 2 times already since beginning of the year...
rems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 01:31 AM   #28
rfridaythe13th
The Spirit

thanks for all the advise guys. im gonna try a project of my own. i know it might ruin it but im not one that cares about the value. it actually wouldn't be a big deal if it gets ruined. cuz i always sorta wanted to modify it. so if it does get ruined. ill see if i can take it apart and resculpt( my brother actually) the whole head and probably neck. i want to make the mask and hair more the way it is in the animated movie.

well anyways, the project is to make it straight again. i wrapped the bottom in plastic first, then i put it in boiling water, straighten it, wait for the water to cool, and take it out. and it should stay straight. its worked before with other resin parts. i've just never done it to a part that is already painted, glued and with cloth.... so hopefully everything turns out ok. but if it doesn't. it won't be that big of a deal for me. wish me luck

rfridaythe13th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 01:50 AM   #29
THE_BEAST
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfridaythe13th View Post
thanks for all the advise guys. im gonna try a project of my own. i know it might ruin it but im not one that cares about the value. it actually wouldn't be a big deal if it gets ruined. cuz i always sorta wanted to modify it. so if it does get ruined. ill see if i can take it apart and resculpt( my brother actually) the whole head and probably neck. i want to make the mask and hair more the way it is in the animated movie.

well anyways, the project is to make it straight again. i wrapped the bottom in plastic first, then i put it in boiling water, straighten it, wait for the water to cool, and take it out. and it should stay straight. its worked before with other resin parts. i've just never done it to a part that is already painted, glued and with cloth.... so hopefully everything turns out ok. but if it doesn't. it won't be that big of a deal for me. wish me luck

HOLY CRAP!!!
THE_BEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 01:55 AM   #30
jansen
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

rfridaythe13th Your crazy!
hopefully it will fix the problem
jansen is offline   Reply With Quote