Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 12-05-2012, 02:49 PM   #1
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Lets discuss the pre-ordering system

This is a thread to share your thoughts on our pre-order system. Your comments, criticisms, praises, whatever...

After a few posts I will go in and post my thoughts.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:52 PM   #2
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

I like the e-mail system, but I see where some might not care for it. However, if you go all online cart with the same low ES, your site is going to crash HARD with that many people trying to get orders in. I honestly feel there will be a lot of sour grapes from people timing out etc., even though they were on and ready to order. I also see how you'd be at your wits end with the emails, so you're between the devil and the deep blue sea trying to find a system that works both for you and the bulk of the customers.

edit: While I understand you're desire to go online, I don't think that everybody realizes the best chance is actually the email. Losing out on a preorder due to a site crashing is the worst feeling, next to getting a broken statue, in this hobby, IMO. Having said all of that, I'm just along for the ride!
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:55 PM   #3
ShinRafa
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I like the e-mail system!!!!!!!!!!!keep that please the online cart is not a good idea....
ShinRafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:01 PM   #4
dEATHm3RCHANT
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Have only used the email system 3 times, I personally like it. I don't see how there can be a "more fair" way. Time stamps on e-mail is the most accurate way I can think of determining who got there order in first. This is a tough one to answer.
dEATHm3RCHANT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:02 PM   #5
Batminator
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

The reason the e-mail system gets so many mails, is because everyone knows they have ONE shot. Look at Scorpion EX on Sideshow, it took 5 hours to sell out.

I don't think the cart system will be as stressfull, neither for us or the website.
Batminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:11 PM   #6
Sigep756
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

E-mailing is stressful and discouraging. If I have a bad experience, I would be less inclined to try again in the future. I much prefer carts, or even the old Sideshow "Priority Pre-Order" system.
Sigep756 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:26 PM   #7
Awesome
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Ditch the 3 payment option system and just do a flat 25-30% deposit on order, make it so that the cart does not hold the statue and make it so that the order is only complete once you completely checkout. There might be a few oversells but it happens.
Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:30 PM   #8
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
Ditch the 3 payment option system and just do a flat 25-30% deposit on order, make it so that the cart does not hold the statue and make it so that the order is only complete once you completely checkout. There might be a few oversells but it happens.
Why ditch the payments? How does that affect anything? Personally, I like the discount for paying up front. Totally agree on the checkout to complete order concept. Does any site actually even use the "hold in cart" concept for stuff like this?
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:32 PM   #9
MrYac
Hercules

honestly this really is a no win, the email thing seems like way more of a pain for you personally and it's a bit nerve racking on us, but as Test said having to wait for a page to refresh or a crash (anybody who tried for the monthly MOTU figures from matty.com knows what i mean) is so much more annoying then wondering if your mail makes it in time
MrYac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:32 PM   #10
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

So, can you explain exactly how the e-mail thing works? I've heard of people sometimes e-mailing from 4-5 addresses to try and beat the system.

Personally, I think those people should be disqualified totally from ordering.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote