Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 12-05-2012, 03:33 PM   #11
AstroWho
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
This is a thread to share your thoughts on our pre-order system. Your comments, criticisms, praises, whatever...

After a few posts I will go in and post my thoughts.

My Only complaint is with the World Clock Site you chose to use this time around. http://www.timeticker.com/
It wasn't In Synch with my PC, Cell Phone or IPad. When I brought up that World Clock Site on my Smart Phone, it was 2 seconds faster than that Same World Clock Site on my PC and my IPad had a 3 to 4 seconds difference between the Three SAME Sites I used.
Normally no one cares but when you're dealing with a situation like this where EVERY second counts?? It's really Important to get this right. There has been a few people on here that has stated that they mailed their's at so and so time and it didn't arrive till many seconds to two minutes later?
On the previous few orders like Reptile, Sagat and the Sub-Zero Bust. You used this World Clock Site. http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Pacific/d/-8
All I know is this, My Smart Phone, PC and IPad were ALL In Synch on that site. And when I went to order, I not only got ALL Three items But I got the Artist Proof too. I didn't do anything different this time around but because all three computers had a different time running on it? I had to guess which clock to go by? All I know is this time around I didn't get an Artist Proof. I didn't even get the Ex! So, I have no idea what time your World Clock Numbers looked like as compared to mine where they were seconds apart being right next to each other.
So, I blame this World Clock site you chose this time around and hope you go back to the Previous World Clock you used for ALL the other orders.
AstroWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:35 PM   #12
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
honestly this really is a no win, the email thing seems like way more of a pain for you personally and it's a bit nerve racking on us, but as Test said having to wait for a page to refresh or a crash (anybody who tried for the monthly MOTU figures from matty.com knows what i mean) is so much more annoying then wondering if your mail makes it in time
See, that's where I'm coming from. I'm wondering if anybody who actually votes for the cart, has spent much time on trying to get drops from Matty, Mondo, and other sites. It's not a good system, and I guarantee, there will be a LOT more ruffled feathers than there are with the email system.
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:37 PM   #13
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroWho View Post
My Only complaint is with the World Clock Site you chose to use this time around. http://www.timeticker.com/
It wasn't In Synch with my PC, Cell Phone or IPad. When I brought up that World Clock Site on my Smart Phone, it was 2 seconds faster than that Same World Clock Site on my PC and my IPad had a 3 to 4 seconds difference between the Three SAME Sites I used.
Normally no one cares but when you're dealing with a situation like this where EVERY second counts?? It's really Important to get this right. There has been a few people on here that has stated that they mailed their's at so and so time and it didn't arrive till many seconds to two minutes later?
On the previous few orders like Reptile, Sagat and the Sub-Zero Bust. You used this World Clock Site. http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Pacific/d/-8
All I know is this, My Smart Phone, PC and IPad were ALL In Synch on that site. And when I went to order, I not only got ALL Three items But I got the Artist Proof too. I didn't do anything different this time around but because all three computers had a different time running on it? I had to guess which clock to go by? All I know is this time around I didn't get an Artist Proof. I didn't even get the Ex! So, I have no idea what time your World Clock Numbers looked like as compared to mine where they were seconds apart being right next to each other.
So, I blame this World Clock site you chose this time around and hope you go back to the Previous World Clock you used for ALL the other orders.
I noticed the clock was off from my PC as well! But that's when I just said, "well crap, I'm just going to use the clock that we're supposed to use and I'll ignore my PC." I understand that frustration though, as all of our tech gear is in synch, but that world clock was not.
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:38 PM   #14
I and I
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Location: This couple lives in Sint-Maria-Latem (Zwalm - Belgium)
For now, I prefer the email systems because it's also very clear on the when, how and where. For instance, Scorpion SSC Ex. It took hours before it was finally put online. Now I don't mind waiting but since it's usually night time here, and I have school or exams the following morning, it can be quite painful. I'd rather wait until the time comes for me to send an email then something vague like 'somewhere this Thursday perhaps'. So whatever you do, please be always clear on the timing. Saves a lot of aggravation.

If the edition size is about the same as Scorpion and the popularity of the character as well, then it might be very well possible that an emailing system will still sell it out in a few minutes while a cart system can take a few hours. For some reason, the emailing system feels more like a lottery and feels like more pressure. I do get why you want to change to the cart system though. 300+ emails to sort through must be a pain and quite a chore. But I don't know whether it would work out. You can always try of course but please be sure that you have a decent server provider that can handle the pressure... Would hate to miss out because of a server overload it's more painful then missing out in the email lottery
I and I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:41 PM   #15
Goldenpanther
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
This is a thread to share your thoughts on our pre-order system. Your comments, criticisms, praises, whatever...

After a few posts I will go in and post my thoughts.
Please put a Cart system - if he wont crash (If it will than keep the emailing system )

Also with the Card add 3 options
pay in full - with shipping when statue is ready
pay deposit than pay in full and shipping when statue is ready
Or make like a 3month payment plan to break up payments in three

Personally I like the first plan - but with the other two plan's there is room for all collectors to be happy .

Please also start a point system -
But instead of a discount on the next statue - when you get a certain amount of points you can buy with those points Art work which you make stretch or John before a statue is completed - ok you can purchase like Shirts or some photo's with a signature something to look forward to - as the people who keep buying will get limited art work - Even like a really nice Photo or Art to go with a statue you have just made - but you can only get it with points

So lets say 1000points will get you limited edition blanka Art - and only 30 are on the site - and everytime you buy a statue u get like 200points Just to add something nice for collectors or if some collectors want they can use the points on discount on the next purchase - it adds excited fun and something to look forward too

Goldenpanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:44 PM   #16
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by testsubject25 View Post
. I'm wondering if anybody who actually votes for the cart, has spent much time on trying to get drops from Matty, Mondo, and other sites.
oh the joys of sitting on a white screen telling me not to refresh for 30 minutes all the while the figure you want is selling out
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:47 PM   #17
dr_teng

I really like the system as is. It's exciting and it's pretty refreshing compared to the frustration of dealing with Mondo and the like. At least I don't have to wait around hammering a site that's not working for 30 minutes trying to check out and not getting the item. 2 seconds and boom, I get it or I don't.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:49 PM   #18
Goldenpanther
Kindly Asked To Leave

Carts (If he doesnt work more collectors will be upset with you )
However the emailing system will always work - if you not there right time right place you miss out - althou even with the emailing system you sholud still do a point system - personally I will keep the emailing system - and register the people email and sent up user name to you site so you can add points to registered user's

I for one have followed Sideshow for 4years But I have dropped all to follow popculture shock as you bring joy and excitement + great statues to the hobby

Sideshow - prices go up , messed up paint ap's
Things get delayed
quality control is not always there -

Im not saying anything bad about Sideshow - your emailing system is great -
I think a cart if crashes can make more collectors not want to follow for the disappointment -
but with the emailing system well - No body can complain
Goldenpanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:52 PM   #19
Awesome
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by testsubject25 View Post
Why ditch the payments? How does that affect anything? Personally, I like the discount for paying up front. Totally agree on the checkout to complete order concept. Does any site actually even use the "hold in cart" concept for stuff like this?
Having only one payment option would simplify the checkout process and it would be easier for Jerry so he wouldn't have to be keeping tabs on people making payments every few months unless he gets a flex auto charge system like Sideshow does.
Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:55 PM   #20
premium_substit
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I've seen enough to know the email system is legit.. at first it seemed it could literally be a "lottery system", which to some extent it is (given the amount of emails that come in), but it is legit in the sense it does go by when you get your e-mail in - you just have to be there at the time.. Truthfully I've really been enjoying it.. I'm going to miss the after-party as we wait for results etc, it's been a part of the fun.. Also think u've been a class act in how you sort through the emails, send out correspnding emails, look after people who think their email didn't go throug, send out waitlists, reminders, etc - it's alot of work but you've really taken care of your business, even after establishing yourself - kind of seems different to me, but in a good way, you must be trying to get the direct thing off to a good start, or must be a believer in 'if you want it done right, do it yourself'. Uve really taken care of ppl from this forum to even tho it isn't ur obligation i.e. some ppl who think they didnt get an email from you, and you tell them they they did, just knowing by their alias

Cart will be cool too though.. but I still want the email thing on occasion. it's now a PCS thing

Also I would like to see you do the video raffle idea for APs on occasion, out of the final amount who fall into the ES
premium_substit is offline   Reply With Quote