Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 11-18-2016, 04:26 PM   #1
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

PCS State of the Union :D

PCS has been growing at a crazy rate the past few years and in some ways its great and in others Im not enjoying it.

I think we are going to slam on the brakes and get back to basics.

We are going to keep edition sizes low and reduce the amount of variants.

We are also going to start assigning edition sizes to even the regulars.

However this will lead to slightly higher prices as we need to compensate for selling less pieces.

Its important to me that our collectibles are collectibles, meaning I want to do what i can to see them not decrease in value and to increase in value.

Thoughts ?
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 04:29 PM   #2
apellica
The Herculoids

I'm alright for paying more if the QC is up to par and the factories can replicate extremely close to your prototypes.
apellica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 04:29 PM   #3
bangooface
Blue Falcon

If price jumps are not crazy high I can pay extra for lower edition sizes/less variants. As long as QA remains up to par.
bangooface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 04:30 PM   #4
bangooface
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by apellica View Post
I'm alright for paying more if the QC is up to par and the factories can replicate extremely close to your prototypes.

Haha. You and I think alike. Posted right at same time too
bangooface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 04:34 PM   #5
apellica
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangooface View Post
Haha. You and I think alike. Posted right at same time too
apellica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 04:35 PM   #6
Thegameman2011
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I like the idea. I think the quality of PCS statues are unmatched and I don't mind waiting longer for my statues because I know it will be done right.
Thegameman2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 04:38 PM   #7
addic
The X-Men

Sounds good for me. Do it, Jerry.

I'll tell you the perfect piece to start with (lower ES / increased price): the Skeletor / Panthor combo.
addic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 04:39 PM   #8
s_paulik87
Green Lantern Corps

Jerry, I gotta say that's what is best. I have actually stopped pre ordering because of all the variants and weird ES's. For the last year or 2 pretty much everything is flooded and easy as heck to get on the aftermarket for retail, or under retail. (minus a few of the 1st 1/3 statues) the open ended regular ES really don't help collectability and I'm sorry to say having a regular, an ex with either just an art print or coh but everything else is the same, and 2-3 other variants is insane lol.

Example, with Charlie the regular should have came with the art print and then have the other 2 color variants or even just 1 as the exclusive. No need for a whole other edition of regulars where absolutely nothing is different than the "reg ex" besides not having an art print.

There are soooooooooooooooo many PCS statues on eBay that have been there for ages upon ages, along with facebook sales posts where they just don't move.... Glad you're getting away from the current way PCS is going because I for one was not a fan whatsoever and wasn't looking forward to the future of PCS to be blunt.
s_paulik87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 04:44 PM   #9
SARFARAZ
I like Chicken Wings
Super Moderator

Sounds great to me Jerry. Be far away and different from sideshow etc and watch PCS become the best of the best.
Old 11-18-2016, 04:45 PM   #10
qz33
Doctor Doom

Good thread topic.

Can you tell that collectors are reaching a saturation point in the industry as a whole?

Not that this is specific in any way to PCS but I believe this is evident even with the sales of Evil Ryu and Juri.
I could believe it will have an impact on the sales of the upcoming Mileena and Kitana.
All of these have been in demand fan requested favorites but the community is exhausted to keep up with everything being offered.

I don't know if you keep up with the aftermarket much past eBay but there's a tremendous increase in people selling.

Has there been an up tick in cancels after POs?

Plus things have changed so fast that I feel very cautious making purchases as I am constantly wondering what's next for offer. That for me is the worst consequence of the long turn around times.

As a note of the variants: I think the overall ES is what people focus on but splitting that among variants may help increase demand.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote