Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 11-18-2016, 05:27 PM   #21
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Dropping the ES would merely make a piece more flipable. Less pieces = more lure for flippers. This could simply make it more difficult for anyone actually wanting to collect a piece for love of the character/property to get their mitts upon. Flippers will be fighting neck to neck with collectors to snatch up a piece more rare.

Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 05:28 PM   #22
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

How much higher are we talking about? Our Canadian dollar has plummeted every day since trump has become president.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 05:32 PM   #23
qz33
Doctor Doom

Prices are going up folks. Head on over to the Deapool threads for some in depth discussion of all that.

Jerry can shield us and delay for only so long. Factories aren't going to be making $600+ pieces all day every day by the thousands for Sideshow and everyone else and then give a crap about making 400 of $375 PCS statue.

I think everyone here knows we trade time for price. Backed by an owner who cares it's proven to be a pretty good combination.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 05:34 PM   #24
BurningRage
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
What in the hell is wrong with you people?!? "Are we cool with higher prices? Hell yeah!!!"
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 05:57 PM   #25
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Prices are going up folks. Head on over to the Deapool threads for some in depth discussion of all that.

Jerry can shield us and delay for only so long. Factories aren't going to be making $600+ pieces all day every day by the thousands for Sideshow and everyone else and then give a crap about making 400 of $375 PCS statue.

I think everyone here knows we trade time for price. Backed by an owner who cares it's proven to be a pretty good combination.
Well if those are the prices, I'm passing. On SSC, it's pure greed.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 06:06 PM   #26
kagero_no_mai
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I don't like the idea, but you gotta do what you think is best for you and your company.

Being a (non rich) collector who only cares about seeing his collection grown and not sold, such a decision means to me:

1) another increase in prices, after the big hits of risen production costs and unavoidable custom fees

2) the returning of the fear of missing a pre-order due to scalpers' renewed appetite for lower ES

Would rather have prices stay low and scalpers busy in buying their HK+HP+START rare color.
kagero_no_mai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 06:14 PM   #27
ozboy
Birdman

I think reducing the variants might by default reduce the edition size a little because collectors aren't double or triple dipping on statues. I find variants frustrating, picking one or hurting my wallet and getting 2.
Has there been thought around making exclusive order windows 24 hours then closing them up and locking in the edition size from that? Then adjusting the regular edition size based off that number?
ozboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 06:17 PM   #28
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Lol. I thought a PO announcement for a Donald Trump 1/3 scale was coming up.

Anyway that aside so long as the likeness to the prototype is there and the manufacturing of production pieces are consistent and good, i say go ahead with ths price hike.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 06:22 PM   #29
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Nah I don't care how many of the statues are made. Lower prices are what I want to see. I haven't really seen where a lower edition size increases quality control (Alex suffered a lot despite low ES) so if all that it is influencing here are delays and prices then I'm all for a high ES with a lower price.

That being said, I'm not a businessman. Do what you feel is right. Generally speaking, PCS has a big support group and you'll always have their swords and shields.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 06:26 PM   #30
L Deimos
The Spirit

Man, prime 1 and xm have groomed you guys really well. I don't see why not go through with this, but I'll be out. It's not like PCS statues are cheap by any means already.
L Deimos is offline   Reply With Quote