Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-20-2019, 05:18 PM   #141
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaughn54 View Post
Wonder what the over under is that Hulk is going to be more expensive than Jugs....
I think Hulk is going to be more.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 05:32 PM   #142
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Wonder what the over under is that Hulk is going to be more expensive than Jugs....
Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
I think Hulk is going to be more.
Same or more. If it's less, this will be strategic to not outrage the fans. Then it will be 50.00 or so less than Juggernaut. They do this all the time till the price shock settles down before going a tad more and more.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 06:13 PM   #143
JAWS
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
yeah this thing will be an easy pass if its double the original one. Even if I sell my original one to get this, it will still be too much.
That's part of the issue also.. A lot more lately its hard to sell a piece to get an updated piece because everyone else wants the updated piece and not the old one so there is a good chance of taking a loss.

I never look to make bank on a piece but it would be nice to get it at close to original cost.
JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 07:54 PM   #144
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
After the negative response of juggs trust this will be under.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 08:26 PM   #145
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I can guarantee this Hulk is more because XMs transformation is around 2k USD plus extras . They clearly want the same cash hence why DB sculpted this piece . There’s no going back at this point cost wise I think if a solid 1/6 designer like Bowen came back most collectors would jump outta 1/4 game for good . It’s just too much .
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 08:34 PM   #146
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
After the negative response of juggs trust this will be under.
I think you're right. The outrage was heard even if they don't care what people say. I think it will be 50.00-95.00 less just to try to ease collectors into the higher prices without causing more commotion. The last thing SS wants is to make the uproar heard back to back. They are a business and they do not want to go make it too obvious that the goal is to get to the custom pieces because people are paying for them and all of the customs sell out fast. They will try to make collectors feel ok with the prices again before going higher. Juggernaut was the perfect piece to do this.
Old 03-20-2019, 08:41 PM   #147
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

SS could care less about the outrage over Juggernauts price. Hulk will definitely be more than Juggy. I'm guessing over $1400.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 08:56 PM   #148
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

And frankly why would they care what people are charged for in the custom market anyway.

The edition sizes are anywhere from 50 to 100 total. That’s a drop in the bucket compared to their usual customer base.

And I’ve looked at a few YouTube videos on custom pieces and honestly when I look at the paint and sculpt on a quite a few of them I’m seeing so many issues that it sometimes makes criticised Sideshow pieces look pristine in comparison.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 09:25 PM   #149
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
SS could care less about the outrage over Juggernauts price. Hulk will definitely be more than Juggy. I'm guessing over $1400.
Agree. $1450 easy.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 09:54 PM   #150
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Agree. $1450 easy.
If they do this I would be surprised. Remember Deadpool? After that they gave it a rest for a while before the next leg up. Maybe cable will be the next new pf price increase. It would be the perfect statue to raise pf prices to the next level. Maquette's we are there currently with juggernaut. I still think SS could raise the new hulk higher than juggernaut but I still don't think they will so fast. I'm still betting a tad less than juggernaut.