Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-08-2017, 06:22 PM   #7641
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
The more people talk about switch-outs, light-ups and extra features, the more I realize that a lot of the people buying these things just want giant toys.

Nothing wrong with wanting giant toys for the record, but equating more with "better" is like what the Hot Toys guys do when they see a figure with 6000 accessories they'll never use and call that "value". Obsession over quantity.

I'd be happy to pay more for amazing sculpts with master paint apps, with high quality materials and build quality/engineering, not light-ups you'll never use that will eventually fail, and switch-out parts I'll never actually switch out.

Are you sure you have feelings and aren't just some futuristic robot run by logic?
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 06:23 PM   #7642
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:
The more people talk about switch-outs, light-ups and extra features, the more I realize that a lot of the people buying these things just want giant toys.

Nothing wrong with wanting giant toys for the record, but equating more with "better" is like what the Hot Toys guys do when they see a figure with 6000 accessories they'll never use and call that "value". Obsession over quantity.

I'd be happy to pay more for amazing sculpts with master paint apps, with high quality materials and build quality/engineering, not light-ups you'll never use that will eventually fail, and switch-out parts I'll never actually switch out.
Agreed. I don't have a piece except the P1 DK Bats that I actually use the swap out on. Thats only because the BDamaged portrait is too intens for the kids- my wife runs my life. Plus that beauty isn't sitting in a box on my watch.
Too add to your list of wants- I'd love every piece to be one solid sculpt. Nice list btw.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 06:31 PM   #7643
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Are you sure you have feelings and aren't just some futuristic robot run by logic?
I wish. Then I wouldn't be collecting these things in the first place.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 06:51 PM   #7644
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Agreed. I quite literally roll my eyes every time I see someone begging for a light up feature.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 07:19 PM   #7645
pavehawk78
Hellfire Club

Lol. Statue snobs
pavehawk78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 07:22 PM   #7646
Y3E
Gen 13

I want a Thanos coh with light up eyes. And maybe one gold tooth that twinkles when I tilt my head at an 18 degrees angle to the right.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 09:49 PM   #7647
Gecktechs
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:

COI for president!!

Sometimes I wish Toys R Us made quarter scale Lego figures for these dudes. Needing a fkn instruction manual to assemble your piece.. smh. What a joke. Light ups suck too!
Gecktechs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 05:31 AM   #7648
Vince_be
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I think for SW pieces a light up saber is really appreciated. IS DArth Vader with the light up saber just looks so good and add an "alive" part to the statue.. It's big toys bro ...with a glimpse of art/collecting feeling but that's just related to our childhood so yeah related to big toys for adults except we just look at them..
But the simple fact that you open your box, mount the different parts of the statue together..i feel always like a kid when i'm doing it , and i feel pleasure doing it..If i had to put every statue in one piece out of the box i'm not sure i would feel the same pleasure.
Vince_be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 08:59 AM   #7649
ENDO
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:

The impression I get when I see these people going on about accessories, switch out parts is they actually play with these things. They don't just put them on display like normal people. They are the weirdos who actually sit around playing with the statues and figures.
ENDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 09:00 AM   #7650
ENDO
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Agreed. I quite literally roll my eyes every time I see someone begging for a light up feature.
Light up feature that will likely fail at some point.
ENDO is offline   Reply With Quote