Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-27-2017, 04:37 PM   #7721
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

I’m sure they know what they’re doing. SS just did the same thing with Ironman Maq. Upfront and lower ES on the Exclusive. Sold out in 5-6 hours. Probably a large or open ES on the Collector Edition for the undecideds and the late-comers.

I hate to harp on the “snooze-you lose” line, but this was a piece everyone said to PO minute one if you wanted the Exclusive. There were some deniers that didn’t think it’d be a day 1 sellout, but this is why we collect and why Thanos is a grail. Limited ES on Exclusive. Fantastic sculpt for a character that has seldom seen justice in 1/4 scale. Lots of buzz surrounding the movies. Potential king of the Throne pieces.

Nothing I’ve said hasn’t already been reiterated dozens of times in this thread. I feel for those that came late to the game and missed out. Only minor sympathy for those that were here for the pre-hype and didn’t pull the trigger in time.

There will be conversions though. Fingers crossed for the fortunate wait-listers.
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 04:40 PM   #7722
sparda
The Avengers

This ES stuff... Again... Pffff
sparda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 05:56 PM   #7723
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
And, if it was, that would be okay too.
HaHa ...yea, you're right.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 05:57 PM   #7724
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
What’s funny is, it was the actual sculpt that got my attention and interest in this statue. Not the ES.

But it was the ES that made me realize I needed to order my EX as soon as I could. Good thing too as I would have missed out if I didn’t.

The ES is never a factor for me getting a statue. A great sculpt has always been the key.
Same here.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 05:59 PM   #7725
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerFodder View Post
I’m sure they know what they’re doing. SS just did the same thing with Ironman Maq. Upfront and lower ES on the Exclusive. Sold out in 5-6 hours. Probably a large or open ES on the Collector Edition for the undecideds and the late-comers.

I hate to harp on the “snooze-you lose” line, but this was a piece everyone said to PO minute one if you wanted the Exclusive. There were some deniers that didn’t think it’d be a day 1 sellout, but this is why we collect and why Thanos is a grail. Limited ES on Exclusive. Fantastic sculpt for a character that has seldom seen justice in 1/4 scale. Lots of buzz surrounding the movies. Potential king of the Throne pieces.

Nothing I’ve said hasn’t already been reiterated dozens of times in this thread. I feel for those that came late to the game and missed out. Only minor sympathy for those that were here for the pre-hype and didn’t pull the trigger in time.

There will be conversions though. Fingers crossed for the fortunate wait-listers.
Now, for the IronMan Maq ...I didn't care for the EX, so I didn't bother ordering that one. I will be getting the REG IronMan Maq, tho. I'll be taking my time on that one ...no worries.
Old 12-27-2017, 06:03 PM   #7726
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Same here.
Old 12-27-2017, 06:43 PM   #7727
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

I typically don't care about ES one way or another, but with the price this and the amount available it was a no brained to wait. Especially with how many other awesome statues are out these days.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 12:53 AM   #7728
GaryTonge
Kingpin

They knew exactly what they were doing with the marketing on this piece. In my relatively recent years of collecting, I've never seen a Sideshow statue hyped this much.

The EX was an instant PO for me. It felt as though this piece would sell out quickly, but I was taken aback that it was gone within minutes.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 12:56 AM   #7729
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I'm really looking forward when the reg gets heavily discounted next year.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 12:59 PM   #7730
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
I'm sure there are 750 people that are OK with the ES.

This piece will be 'The End' of my quarter scale collection. Seems fitting. I still have some holes to fill *cough* Flash *cough* but this one will be the grand finale for me.
Sounds about right... except for *cough* silver surfer *cough*

MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote