Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 08-24-2018, 08:25 PM   #451
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Hero View Post
My bust arrived and I went to mount it to the Chronicle table stand and it doesn't fit. The distance between mounting screws is too short on my stand for the bust. Bought the stand way back when it went up for sale in anticipation for this bust. So that's annoying.

As to the bust, it's very nice. The sculpt is top notch and the paint does look better in person than pictures. I owned the BO rex and the paint application is much better on the bust. If the prototype were a 10/10 I'd give this bust a 7/10 for paint (BO rex more of a 5/10). I notice the dots more in my pics and the ones posted here than in person.
Contact Heather at hross@chroniclecollectibles.com and she’ll get you sorted on that stand.

- Robert
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 08:30 PM   #452
Unknown Hero
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
Contact Heather at hross@chroniclecollectibles.com and she’ll get you sorted on that stand.

- Robert
Already sent an email. Still waiting on my initial email I sent earlier this week about my online account. Thanks.
Unknown Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 12:36 AM   #453
JurassicHead40
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Hero View Post
Already sent an email. Still waiting on my initial email I sent earlier this week about my online account. Thanks.
Interesting about the table stand. I’ve had one for over 3 months now and just installed the male bust to it Wednesday night. In my case, the measurements between the screws was fine, but the problem is, you can’t see the screws when your trying to attach it. I had a hell of a time trying to line up the screws, because in the case of the male bust, the holes are uneven, one is higher than the other. Unfortunately, some of the felt in the back gets torn up in the process of trying to hitch this on to the stand (and I’d imagine for those who wall mounted this). I got tied up with other things at home so while I picked up the female bust, I haven’t opened it yet. I’ll do it tomorrow. I’m wondering if the holes on the female are uneven or same height. One thing that’s hard to tell from photos, is that the bust doesn’t sit completely flush against the base; it just hangs off the screwhead at a very slight angle, not quite 90 degrees.

I’m also waiting on the 2nd table stand to arrive so I can mount Rexy to it but I ordered it on August 12th and it’s my understanding it ships within 30 days of receipt of payment, so I might not get it till September unless they already had a batch made (I assume no). I just hope your issue doesn’t turn out to be the case on my other one coming too.....
JurassicHead40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 08:25 AM   #454
rjszar
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
What I'm seeing is a lack of depth and layering in the paint job.

As is, the dots stand out like a sore thumb (like the 1/20 Breakout Statue). But if there was more layering and a couple more wash coats, the dots wouldn't stick out as bad as they do.
Got my rex yesterday. Although the paint job is pretty decent, I agree that it lacks depth. A wash would go a long way to helping this. I said the same thing about the male when it came out and I was vilified. Doing a wash is relatively easy and takes very little time. I don't understand why it isn't just standard practice on pieces like this that have so much texture. This is a nice piece, but it could have been better. I think I'll crack out the paints.
rjszar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 11:59 AM   #455
rjszar
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

I spent the last couple of hours putting a wash on this. I didn't want to go crazy and change the basic look of the piece. As nice as a heavy wash can look, it wouldn't match what was seen in the movie. Along with highlighting the skin texture, I faded out the black dots a bit. I took this outside to get some good pics. Although it may be difficult to see what I did in these pictures, the fact that it doesn't look washed out means I achieved what I was trying to do.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	006.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	303.0 KB
ID:	116574   Click image for larger version

Name:	007.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	294.5 KB
ID:	116575  
rjszar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 12:26 PM   #456
Steve evans
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjszar View Post
I spent the last couple of hours putting a wash on this. I didn't want to go crazy and change the basic look of the piece. As nice as a heavy wash can look, it wouldn't match what was seen in the movie. Along with highlighting the skin texture, I faded out the black dots a bit. I took this outside to get some good pics. Although it may be difficult to see what I did in these pictures, the fact that it doesn't look washed out means I achieved what I was trying to do.
Subtle and effective, good job. A good tip is to brush a little pastel around the dots to blend them better.
Steve evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 12:31 PM   #457
franktank
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
Lightning makes a difference too.
I still like that single cube u got man. When u gonna hit up that retail store again? Haha
franktank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 12:48 PM   #458
Jibber82
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Got this beast up on the wall (not an easy task) and it looks amazing! I can't stop staring at it. Can't wait to mount the Triceratops below her (hopefully not in a year and a half from now )!

Jibber82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 12:54 PM   #459
JurassicHead40
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibber82 View Post
Got this beast up on the wall (not an easy task) and it looks amazing! I can't stop staring at it. Can't wait to mount the Triceratops below her (hopefully not in a year and a half from now )!

Looks good. Did u tear up some of the felt on the back in the process trying to get the holes to line up?
JurassicHead40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 01:08 PM   #460
franktank
Justice League

It is friggin BADASS....
Any you can't help but look at her!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BustRexArrivesCC (5) - Copy.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	641.4 KB
ID:	116576   Click image for larger version