Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-02-2019, 01:13 PM   #281
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

It really is 1/4, just using the images, resizing to the measurements given on the Prime 1 product page.

Batman is 18.5 inches from the tip of his cowl to the bottom of his boot.

Exactly 1/4th scale.

I agree this is to side step licensing issues, as it is titled 1/3rd scale.
BlackestNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 02:33 PM   #282
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackestNight View Post
I agree this is to side step licensing issues, as it is titled 1/3rd scale.
Ok well that’s my point lol, you can’t just side step licensing by making something another size and say “Oh yeah, it’s 1/3. Trust us.” Licensing really wouldn’t have a point if you could just do that.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 04:43 PM   #283
nearmint
Phoenix

Sure, it’s 1/3. Batman is only 4 feet, 7.5 inches tall. You guys didn’t know that?
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 07:46 PM   #284
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Sure, it’s 1/3. Batman is only 4 feet, 7.5 inches tall. You guys didn’t know that?
I haven’t read the story yet, as I’m waiting on the Omnibus which comes out I believe in October (though it might be in volume 2, rather than volume 1, I’m not too sure), but it’s pretty much an elseworlds story isn’t it? So maybe everyone is not that tall in that world.......
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 08:03 PM   #285
nearmint
Phoenix

Not many people realize that New 52 refers to Batman’s height.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 02:53 AM   #286
Shoo
Hercules

Switch-out gun:

Could "Prime 1" be added to the title, please?
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 10:29 AM   #287
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Could "Prime 1" be added to the title, please?
I don’t think it’s really necessary. I mean, if P1 was still in the general section I get it, but this section is dedicated to their product. It’s already bad enough that almost everyone who starts a P1 thread has to begin the title with “Prime 1” making titles longer than necessary. Imagine if every thread in the Sideshow section started out with “Sideshow Collectibles.”
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 10:51 AM   #288
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I don’t think it’s really necessary. I mean, if P1 was still in the general section I get it, but this section is dedicated to their product.
I disagree. It is actually very useful. When I looked for this thread to add this pic I searched for "Prime" and "Zero" and it obviously returned nothing. So I've had to try several combinations, such as "Prime" and "Bike", until I've finally managed to find it with "Batman" and "Motorcycle". And I don't want to keep scrolling down in a particular section until I find the thread. And yes, I know you can narrow a search to the Prime 1 section, I just always run a general search by maker and product. That's usually enough to find it, so why change it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
It’s already bad enough that almost everyone who starts a P1 thread has to begin the title with “Prime 1” making titles longer than necessary. Imagine if every thread in the Sideshow section started out with “Sideshow Collectibles.”
Again, I disagree - I never ever browse a single forum section - I always click on "New posts" so I see... everything that's new. Therefore, the name of the company is very useful to me to see what's what at a glance.

As for people using "Sideshow" for their threads, they actually do it - not "Collectibles", mind you. It just so happens that "Premium Format" or "Maquette" are usually enough to identify the product - such a thing can't be said of Prime 1.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 10:54 AM   #289
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
I disagree. It is actually very useful. When I looked for this thread to add this pic I searched for "Prime" and "Zero" and it obviously returned nothing. So I've had to try several combinations, such as "Prime" and "Bike", until I've finally managed to find it with "Batman" and "Motorcycle". And I don't want to keep scrolling down in a particular section until I find the thread. And yes, I know you can narrow a search to the Prime 1 section, I just always run a general search by maker and product. That's usually enough to find it, so why change it?

Again, I disagree - I never ever browse a single forum section - I always click on "New posts" so I see... everything that's new. Therefore, the name of the company is very useful to me to see what's what at a glance.

As for people using "Sideshow" for their threads, they actually do it - not "Collectibles", mind you. It just so happens that "Premium Format" or "Maquette" are usually enough to identify the product - such a thing can't be said of Prime 1.
If you are clicking on “new posts” it says the section on the right side of the screen.
Old 09-04-2019, 11:09 AM   #290
SONICobra
Batman

i really want to see this next to some other 1/4 scale pieces, still looks small against 1/3 scale
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote