Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 06-24-2015, 12:35 PM   #1
roverite
Doh!

Ebay Advice

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and hopefully this will be the first of many posts!

I wanted your guys advice/input if possible. Unfortunately due to losing my job I had to sell one of my favourite pieces (Lamrokk Gamorrean Executioner Mythos) so I listed it on eBay, within 20 minutes of the listing going up it sold which was obviously great, however I'm a cautious man and I've been stung before from eBay buyer's so I Googled the username of the buyer (kitwalker77) to see if I could find any information on him. The only think I could find was from a user on here called TRT who said that he's a scammer. So I rang eBay and told them about my concerns and they advised me to cancel the transaction. Despite needing the money, I did so. I just wanted to check if any of you have had dealings with kitwalker77 and if so how did they go? Obviously I've already cancelled the transaction now but I'd just like to know whether I jumped the gun.
roverite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 12:50 PM   #2
strife87
Spider-Ham

its hard to say, did he have a lot of positive feedback as a buyer? at the end of the day, if you aren't comfortable, you probably did the right thing protecting yourself.
strife87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 12:56 PM   #3
roverite
Doh!

He had 213 I think, which isn't bad but another thing that strikes me as strange is that his feedback is private, I never understand why people do that when feedback is so important on eBay. The first girl I spoke to from eBay Customer Support did say that in the past 2 months he'd opened an item not as described case against another seller, which is what I was concerned he'd fraudulently do with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strife87 View Post
its hard to say, did he have a lot of positive feedback as a buyer? at the end of the day, if you aren't comfortable, you probably did the right thing protecting yourself.
Old 06-24-2015, 01:05 PM   #4
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Better to be safe than sorry.
Old 06-24-2015, 01:07 PM   #5
Grog
SF Minister of Etiquette and Protocol

I have 5000 feedbacks and am interested in that statue. Pm me if you want to sell it and save the ebay fees
Grog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 01:21 PM   #6
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Just when I think I am close to selling a few high end pieces on the bay I see something like this … sigh, I remember when eBay was a good place to sell stuff

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 01:26 PM   #7
risingstar
Jedi Order

If you are going to use the "buy it now" feature, (if you didn't, this time around), I highly recommend that you check off the "immediate payment required to close sale" option so that you don't have to chase down potential deadbeat buyers. I've been using this option for years.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 02:07 PM   #8
roverite
Doh!

He paid straight away which was a good thing, but it just didn't feel right. He's left me a negative feedback which I'm currently disputing with eBay, they said they can't remove it but more argument is that I cancelled the transaction based off their advice.
Old 06-24-2015, 05:06 PM   #9
roverite
Doh!

I relisted it and it sold 30 minutes after I put it up. Maybe I sold it too cheap!
Old 06-25-2015, 05:30 AM   #10
HappyHulk
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

kitwalker77 is an avid SW collector and I sold many items to him on and off ebay in the past and never have had any problems. I checked his feeback and he has 100% positive since 2004 and you have 3 negatives as seller so far? The other thing is you sold the mythos for real cheap hence it gone quickly
HappyHulk is offline   Reply With Quote